3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad bows not good enough?  (Read 1551 times)

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad bows not good enough?
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
Just tell him to talk to RC.....he knows how to kill hogs.  :thumbsup:

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »
We should find out where he lives and a bunch of us show up one night with torches and pitch forks.

Tell him to look on my website, there's a guy there (prairie drifter) that killed a large hog with a longbow.
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Offline Shan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »
i just shake my head. i think its time to move on. like many of you have said you simply can't win everyone over and there is no point in trying.

just crazy that some people still believe that a stick bow can't get it done.

Oh well! we all KNOW different
Semper Fidelis

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2012, 12:01:00 PM »
Gee all them guys that have killed Grizzly and brown bears must be liars.......I mean if you can't kill a pig!   :biglaugh:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Buckwheaties

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2012, 12:28:00 PM »
"A man convinced against his will; is of the same opinion still"
"Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."

Online Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2012, 01:00:00 PM »
Too bad we can't get together and send him all the pictures of the moose, elk, and big hogs that we killed by FLUKE!

He has been thoroughly brainwashed... what can we say.

But heaven forbid, if something goes wrong on that hunt "we" will never hear the end of it.
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Offline danderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2012, 06:20:00 PM »
Just send him a link to this site and let him poke around.

Why don't you invite him along and prove him wrong! Make a good stalk, stick a pig, and recover it.

Guys are set in there ways when it comes to the whole compound or nothing thing. My buddy has an even stranger mentality I couldn't explain well.

That email doesn't bother me nearly as much as a TRAD only guy in my bowhunter ed course that insisted you can never sharpen a broadhead as sharp as factory once it's been shot. OK, lemme show you what my arm looked like after a day witht he KME...
BW SAX Kingwood 54#

1967 Bear Super Kodiak 50#

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »
Heck just tell him to check out youtube lots of great recurve longbow self bow vidios on their that he can watch while he makes a sour face

Offline landman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »
Your man is obviously not a serious hunter, despite what knowledge or experience he may otherwise have in his head.    Give him this website's address and tell him to spend some time looking through the different forums if he wants to find out just how misinformed he really is.  

There are enough stories and photos on this site to remove any prior conclusions or illusions that the gent may have accumulated from his years of experience.

Offline Caleb Andes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »
That guide makes me sound like an allstar hunter.. haha. My hog last year went down in 20 yards.
>>----> Lovin the mystical flight >>---->

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »
I think he is trying his best to get you to part with a grand or so of your hard earned money on one of those wheeled contraptions. Too bad the Indians didn't know how ineffective their bows and arrows would have been on those 1200 lb Buffalo.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2012, 09:00:00 PM »
Sounds to me like there wasn't anything of use in that shop.   :deadhorse:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2012, 09:08:00 PM »
There's an old saying that every now and then you just have to say : you can't fix stupid : lol.

Offline Duncan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »
Precisely why I don't frequent "pro shops". Those guys are always just brimming with unsolicited advice, always prying into your gear choices, angling for a possible sale. Of course if I went there and asked for it, it's my fault.
Member NCBA

Offline Barry Rowland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2012, 11:55:00 PM »
Sounds to me like it wasn't so much the inefficiency factor as possibly someone not familiar with their gear.  Practice makes perfect, no matter what the tool.  +1 for what nd chickenman said!
Barry

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2012, 12:08:00 AM »
Find an outfitter more accustomed to bowhunting

I got news for you guys that Is  the norm .  Most guides or outfits that do not cater to bowhunters or more specifically trad bow hunters shake there head when they see someone show up in camp with a stick bow
Morrison & Titan ILF & BF Extreme Limbs
Silvertip 1 Piece 57#-Silvertip 57#-Black Widow Ma II 61#&69#-Fedora 560 69#- 560 57#-560 60#-560 55#-Brakenbury Shadow 60#-Hoyt Buffalo 55#- Bob Lee 58#- fishing bows PSE's

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2012, 12:09:00 AM »
Sorry double post
Morrison & Titan ILF & BF Extreme Limbs
Silvertip 1 Piece 57#-Silvertip 57#-Black Widow Ma II 61#&69#-Fedora 560 69#- 560 57#-560 60#-560 55#-Brakenbury Shadow 60#-Hoyt Buffalo 55#- Bob Lee 58#- fishing bows PSE's

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2012, 08:30:00 AM »
My very best frind in the world and my hunting partner just shakes his head evertime we go hunting and i pull out my bow and set it up.

I think it's really funny because this guy will shoot anything that moves even during rifle season, and when i started bowhunting during rifle season it really tore him up.

Funny thing is he is one of these guys that gets his bow out the day before the saeson and shoots a few arrows and we have spent many, many hours looking for his deer never to find them.

Since i need my deer to be 25yds and most of the time there less than 15 yds we have never lost one of my deer. I have only been shooting trad for 4 years so i dont want anyone thinking i am a master shot.

Joe Van
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2012, 08:33:00 AM »
One more thing he doesn't ues a range finder and i still do and last year he sat in his stand while i went to where the deer was shot way past shooting light.

I stepped it off and it was 57yds.  :banghead:
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »
I just went hog hunting last weekend.  A bunch of wheelie guys shot hogs that were not recovered.  A couple hogs were shot clean through with wheel bows yet there was not a drop of blood on the arrow or on the ground.  Bringing down a hog with a bow has much more to do with the arrow/broadhead and shot placement than the bow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©