3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Don't trust Fred Eichler...  (Read 700 times)

Online Ulysseys

• Trad Bowhunter
Don't trust Fred Eichler...
« on: February 06, 2012, 01:20:00 PM »
Had a chance to chat with Fred Eichler for a bit at the Harrisburg show, real cool and down to earth dude; picked out my "trad gang" t-shirt right away - I asked him about the Hoyt Buffalo and he seemed pretty exited about it - told me how he sent it back to Hoyt several times because he didn't like what they were coming up with and then went through all the specs of the current design - I'm not a metal bow guy but he had me interested; anyway I had a chance to shoot one today and have to admit it was much sweeter than I anticipated and probably the smoothest draw I've felt, as if it was much less weight than marked.  I think that conversation cost me about $700 bucks for the bow I just bought, and $20 for a few of his videos.  Thanks Fred.     :banghead:
Type inspirational or witty quote here

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Don't trust Fred Eichler...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
Fred is an awesome guy...Had a great time shooting/talking with him at Muzzy '10...
•  
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »
Fred and Michelle are both really nice, down to earth people. Met them here in SD when Fred spoke at our SD Bowhunters convention and when I saw them at The P&Y Convention this year they remembered me and made a point of saying hello to me. Fred is one of the funniest guys you are ever going to meet. If you have never heard one of his lighter side of bowhunting talks you owe it to yourself to make that happen.
       Dan
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline graybark uk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 01:37:00 PM »
i saw the protatype in a thread here about the muzzy stump shoot , then saw one at a 3d shoot last year ...love at first sight (does that sound wrong ?  :saywhat:  )decided to save up & get one later this year .
& then unwrapped a 62" 50lber christmas morning   :biglaugh:  now i know why i love my girlfriend so much
bowhunting isn`t a bloodsport. its in the blood

hoyt buffalo 55@28/ 56@28{border hex 6.5 limbs }
stalker coyote fxt 62" 52@28

Offline Longbowlogan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 01:42:00 PM »
I just got a buffalo today and it seems very smooth and fast! I saw Fred at the ATA show this year and as I walked by he was signing autographs and introducing himself like no one has ever heard of him lol he seems very down to earth and would love to get the chance to sit down and chat with him.
Big Stick Assassin LB 60" 51@29
Big Stick Assassin LB 62" 60@28
Schafer Silvertip RC 60" 54@28, 57@27, 76@29

PBS Associate member

Offline team fudd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 01:52:00 PM »
I met him at the NRA convention in pittsburgh last year and he sat and talked to me for twenty minutes like I was an old friend.  Very gracious and just a super guy!

Offline Mark Normand

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »
One of the funniest things I saw Fred do on a show was sneak walk very slowly up to his tradbow shot graveyard dead turkey laying out in front of the blind, and tap tap it in the eye with a broadhead, saying something like "you gotta watch these critters, man they're dangerous game..." making fun tonque in cheek of the other tv shows.  Then blurting out "He's Down!".  Still laugh about that segment! I love his humor, would love to meet him.
Stalker ILF recurve
Dakota II longbow

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 02:58:00 PM »
I would rather watch Fred more than anybody putting out DVD's, i love how excited he gets over anything he shoots.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 03:01:00 PM »
Fred has about the only TV show I care to watch. Sometimes he kills something...sometimes he don't.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 03:48:00 PM »
I bought a used Buffalo from a fellow TG'er back in November.  I'm glad I did!  I had a gamemaster II, but went to a Bob Lee for a while.  I liked my Bob plenty, but like the extra weight of the metal bow.  The buffalo is perfect for me.  I've always been a big Fred fan.  I like his general enthusasim for hunting as a whole.  He's not just a trophy hunter, he's truly an advocate for the sport and traditional archery.
>>>--------->

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 04:00:00 PM »
The title to this post got me to look. Glad to see that is what was intended. Never met Fred but I'd like to. Like what I hear about him

Offline 1screagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 04:03:00 PM »
Fred was our guest speaker at Wisconsin Traditional Archers banquet one year not too awful long ago. The place was bursting with laughter all evening from the stories he had shared with us. Very very awesome evening! He and Michelle were the best!! Very memorable, I cherish that weekend. I wish I could spend some time with him hunting, learning from him, and hearing more stories. Great guy!
3 Wes Wallace Recurves,
2 original Mentors & 1 B-Model Mentor
3 Wes Wallace Longbows
1 Dwyer Defiant "Legolas"

www.stoneartistllc.com

Offline ShadeMt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 04:21:00 PM »
On Saturday I attended one of his seminars at the Harrisburg show on dangerous hunting situations.  He was great, very informative and made the trip to the show worth every penny.   Fred is hilarious even when talking about some of the near death siuations he has encountered.

Offline acolobowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
Met Fred when he worked in an archery shop in Ft. Collins, Colo. many, many years ago.

Online doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 04:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by 1screagle:
Fred was our guest speaker at Wisconsin Traditional Archers banquet one year not too awful long ago. The place was bursting with laughter all evening from the stories he had shared with us. Very very awesome evening! He and Michelle were the best!! Very memorable, I cherish that weekend. I wish I could spend some time with him hunting, learning from him, and hearing more stories. Great guy!
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »
Know and love Michelle....best woman in archery today. Fred, met him, talked to him, liked him a lot. Don't know two people together that have done as much for our sport. I know Byron is a great shot. I know Fred is a great guy, great father and husband.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline BCWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 06:04:00 PM »
Fred and Michelle are guest speakers at our WV Bowhunters Association banquet this March. I'm looking forward to meeting them both.
 I also shot a friends Hoyt Buffalo a couple weeks ago and have to say I was surprized at how smooth the bow felt.

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 06:16:00 PM »
I agree, they are both very nice folks, and I thought that is what we are also.
X2 Terry.
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 06:31:00 PM »
Metal riser recurve is the LAST tradbow I would ever want to shoot. BUT, shot a buffalo and fell in love.  A truly fabulous shooting bow.
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »
This thread ain't about comparing apples to oranges...it's about Fred Eichler being a good guy....he is !!!!!! 2 nd to end of discussion....  :goldtooth:
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©