3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hills and long draws...it can happen...  (Read 531 times)

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hills and long draws...it can happen...
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2012, 07:33:00 AM »
Since I already posted my view on this I would like to offer an observation on something. In comparison of the 2 pics,Looper and Dragon, I would say that Looper looks more at ease with his style. His draw looks like it is comfortable to him, if you draw a line from his bow hand to his string elbow it is pretty well aligned,and he looks disciplined in his release,I would not change a thing if you get the results desired. Dragon, honestly you look a little stressed to me,you elbow is high,right shoulder is high, and you don't look relaxed to me by the look on your face, actually looks to me like you could be strained pulling the bow. If thats the way you are happy with, well good luck with it. This statement above is not meant to hurt anyone's feelings or to provoke a feeling of anger. Trying to be correct here.

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »
Looper, being able to shoot with a variety of draws can be a really good thing. about 5 deer back, I saw a buck,(not a big one) coming my way, with no cover, I stepped into a tight cluster of four 8"diameter ash trees. The buck saw something and came straight at me. I had my bow up trying to figure out how to shoot from the tight quarters and the buck spotted me.  I shot him by anchoring first and doing all of the draw by pushing the bow away from my face with the bow held straight up and down the entire time.

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2012, 01:12:00 PM »
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2012, 03:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by cbCrow:
Since I already posted my view on this I would like to offer an observation on something. In comparison of the 2 pics,Looper and Dragon, I would say that Looper looks more at ease with his style. His draw looks like it is comfortable to him, if you draw a line from his bow hand to his string elbow it is pretty well aligned,and he looks disciplined in his release,I would not change a thing if you get the results desired. Dragon, honestly you look a little stressed to me,you elbow is high,right shoulder is high, and you don't look relaxed to me by the look on your face, actually looks to me like you could be strained pulling the bow. If thats the way you are happy with, well good luck with it. This statement above is not meant to hurt anyone's feelings or to provoke a feeling of anger. Trying to be correct here.
Maybe it is the camera angle as the way my shoulder and elbow appear.  I will look at that with my form.  Could be that luck will just be on my side.  Don't know.  Since you are not a follower of the Hill style of shooting, could you show a photo of your own personal form, since you shoot Hill bows, but not Hill style.   :dunno:
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »
I doubt if it will be today as I get home after dark, but if I can find someone to take it tomorrow I certainly will.If not Saturday. Why did you delete your other post while I was typing up my rebuttal and why do you want to change the subject to me?

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »
PM sent
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2012, 05:16:00 PM »
I would take the time to say that I could have been wrong to make a point of the pictures. Apparantly offense was taken and that truly was not my intent. I honestly thought that when pics are posted they become part of the thread and thus are open for discussion.I want to tell all that I will not post back to this thread anymore.

Offline Looper

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »
That's too bad. I expected feedback on my photos. I do take it all with a grain of salt, as it's difficult to accurately assess someone based on one or two photos. Anyway, I, for one, enjoy hearing other people's perspectives, even if they are critical. I'm pretty confident of my skills, they keep my freezer full, but there's definite room for improvement. If someone offers me a suggestion, I'm all for trying it, within reason, of course.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©