3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stinger Killer Bee - WITH PICTURES  (Read 321 times)

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
Stinger Killer Bee - WITH PICTURES
« on: February 08, 2012, 12:45:00 AM »
Has anyone seen the new Magnus Killer Bee and Killer Bee Buzzcut in 4 blade?

The original Stinger and Buzzcuts are great, but these new Killer Bees look nice. I like that they're not vented.

You can find them on Magnus's website

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stinger Killer Bee - WITH PICTURES
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 01:18:00 AM »
Thanks for the info. Stinger broadheads are great !!!   :thumbsup:    Wish they offered the new ones in 150gr. as well.

Bill

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 01:24:00 AM »
It's "marketed" for xbows. But it'll be a great trad head. It's just a solid Stinger. I too hope they make them in 150gr soon. We should email them and as for a 150gr. Even xbow guys like heavy heads to lessen the .22 crack when the gun goes off. LOL

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 12:52:00 PM »
I may have to buy a pack just try them out. I'm already a Magnus fan

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jwilliam:
Thanks for the info. Stinger broadheads are great !!!    :thumbsup:     Wish they offered the new ones in 150gr. as well.

Bill
:thumbsup:
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »
Just ordered the 125's in 4-blade...couldn't help myself.

I sold $100 worth of stingers and buzzcuts earlier this week so I figured I could splurge on these.

Keep you updated. I'm sure they'll work exactly the same as the others, but I'm human.

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »
Update. They're sharp, but not durable. I'm not impressed.

48@29 with a 550 gr arrow

The first shot was fine into the target. The second shot I decided to shoot something of substance....i shot a shed antler.  Broadhead tip broke off and the blade and ferrule bent.  

I have pics....just cant upload them from this computer. I should be able to in a couple days, or I can email them to someone if they're curious enough to post them for me.

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 06:46:00 AM »
Obviously inadequate for shed hunting.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Online S C Mercer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »
I've killed a pile of critters with Magnus Stingers without a hitch.  They work excellent for what they were designed to do.  My compound shooting buddies also use them exclusively with the same results.  Great heads that spin true and fly straight, even from wheelie bows slingin' at 300+ FPS.  ~Steve

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »
Originally posted by Earl E. Nov...mber:
Obviously inadequate for shed hunting.
:smileystooges:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by S C Mercer:
I've killed a pile of critters with Magnus Stingers without a hitch.  They work excellent for what they were designed to do.  My compound shooting buddies also use them exclusively with the same results.  Great heads that spin true and fly straight, even from wheelie bows slingin' at 300+ FPS.  ~Steve
Agree with you 100%.  i am referring to the new killer bee heads. They are thinner and seem flimsier. Obviously, they break.

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 06:10:00 PM »

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 06:39:00 PM »
TxAg....do the KillerB main blades look thinner than the stinger/buzzcut? I thought they were the same thickness. Ive had the 125 gr ferruls bend like that before myself but not break at the tip.
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »
They looked thinner to me...i suppose they had to account for the same weight using a non-vented head.

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »
Been bowhunting most of my life the rest well I just wasted it. Long story short I've use a TON of different broadheads through the years. I've had alot of "failures" if thats the correct term. I can honestly say I've never had any head fail when I put it where it was suppose to be. With all that said I've been using the standard Magnus Stinger 4 blade for several years now with out a single HINT of failure. Just saying. If I'd been hunting concrete block walls, shed antlers,steel support rods in 3D targets, steel silhouette targets, etc my mileage may have varied.  Maybe I'd have a failure I don't know.
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
I like the regular stingers. I've killed more than few animals with them. I was simply showing what happened to the new Stinger "Killer Bee"  

Like I said, the blade seems thinner.

I've no doubt it will slice right through a deer if in the right spot. It was very sharp out of the package.

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 06:03:00 AM »
I hunt stingers they never let me down.very sharp out of the pack ,no noise,no windplane I would hunt a scary monster with these heads

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 06:23:00 AM »
Looks like Stingers may be the better head over the killer bees?  Never know when you may hit a bone....appreciate the finding Jeff. I'm a Magnus fan myself.  I've never had a Magnus fall apart like that while I was experimenting.
I'll stick with the older version.
David M. Conroy

Online Josh Perdue

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 11:36:00 PM »
Thanks for the review and pics TxAg

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 12:21:00 AM »
I don't get surprised with a broadhead failure on hard impact, especially when angled.  Most of the broadheads on the market aren't designed with the strength to handle these hits reliably, especially out of heavy setups.  Virtually every broadhead on the market will do the job if you hit the soft stuff that we all strive for.  Can probably kill a bunch with field tips, but that is another story.  What surprises me, or annoys me, is when broadheads are touted as being tough/bone busting heads and cost an arm and a leg, and then they fail when testing on heavy bone.  There are a couple models out there that fill that bill.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©