3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: trad shops & things from BC to Arizona  (Read 202 times)

Offline boznarras

• Trad Bowhunter
trad shops & things from BC to Arizona
« on: February 08, 2012, 03:56:00 PM »
I am driving my truck with camper from Prince Rupert BC to Seattle then down to Arizona, and then return. I am looking for trad shops or activities along the way.
My trip is from Feb 20 to March 30. Our route is still being decided, but will go through central Washington at least one way, and will get to the Chiricahuas eventually for the birding there. Other birding sites are also being considered, my wife is an avid birder and I assist as best I can. We have friends in Albuquerque and Phoenix that we might visit too.
I put out a feeler over in the Trad Events forum and found only one event that I might attend, a trad shoot in New Plymouth, Idaho (at first I thought first prize was a new Plymouth! Duh.)on March 10. Maybe there are some ranges open to the public or good shops to browse that you locals can suggest?
I often stay in unimproved(free)sites along the way and shoot at improvised targets; this works OK in rural areas, but not as good around towns or parks/campgrounds, so am looking for suggestions. We do tend to go slow and get off the highway/interstate often; stops along the way are good.
Thanks for any ideas.
Walter

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: trad shops & things from BC to Arizona
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 04:35:00 PM »
Check out Raptor Archery in Hood River, OR if you can.  Ted has a beautiful shop and lots of cool stuff.  If you hit Hood River, OR and then turn east and head down through Idaho and Utah, you should find plenty of open space to shoot.  There is a lot of national forest and BLM land between the southeast corner of Washington and Phoenix, and the scenery is outstanding.  There is a one lane highway (I forget the number) east of the main Interstate that will keep you out of civilization for most of the trip.

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »
Be sure to check out Chiricahua National Monument.  There is some great scenery and cool history with Geronimo and his band.

Offline boznarras

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »
Thanks, I will look at a map. I prefer those one lane highways. Will try to go by Raptor Archery too.

Ditto yours on the Chiricahuas/CNM. Have been there more than once, and am making that a must on the trip.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©