3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: switching broadheads need opinions  (Read 755 times)

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: switching broadheads need opinions
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
I'd like to get a few snuffers just to try, but I have a solid supply of 190 grizzly heads. Once sharp, they are my favorite head.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline TURKEYFOOTGIRL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »
I think you should definately take a look at the Simmons Sharks line up.  I prefer the tigershark but have also used safari heads and treesharks.  Will probaly use the treesharks on Antelope and deer this year.   You will not get better bloodtrails or penetration than you do with the Sharks.  If you get a chance check out the "wild tradition" video.  Big Dave shoots a nice bull elk with a Tigershark out of his 53 pound longbow and passes all the way out the bottom from the top!  More than a little bit of blood too!
"Life's too short for ugly bows n arrows" Chris B

Offline grizzlyxx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2012, 11:54:00 PM »
Hard to beat zwickey delta.  I prefer to 2 blade, easier to sharpen and leaves a good hole.  That being said the magnus I is also good choice.  My personal 2 favorites.  Both put plenty of blood on the ground.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2012, 09:55:00 AM »
How are you guys sharpening the 4 bld Zwickeys? I'm mostly wondering about the main blade, since you cant lay it on a stone with the bleeder stikin out.

Thanks

Eric

Offline grizzlyxx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »
I used file, same as main blade.  I'm handy with a file when it comes to sharpening things and still found 4 blade a problem.  I'm sure someone has a good suggestion.  I use 10in. mill file and then strop on leather that I have glued to small piece of board.  Had same piece of leather for 10 years, keep it rubbed with buffing compound, makes a huge difference when stropping finished edge.  Use same process for my 3 blades.

Online anchorman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2012, 10:13:00 AM »
I use either the X block system or the tru angle files on the main blade either work real well.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
I watched Terry Green's video in the "how to", he used a file then the Accusharp. I've never been a fan the pull through sharpeners, I've always like getting that fine polished scary edge from a stone and strop.

Not sayin the Accusharp dont work, cuz Terry knows whats sharp and what aint.

Any one else try this?

Eric

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©