3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Jd berry bows  (Read 648 times)

Offline Alec18

• Trad Bowhunter
Jd berry bows
« on: February 09, 2012, 02:22:00 AM »
The best or what? i only have a late model pit viper right now but it still shoots GREAT and it wasnt even made for me and its heavy poundage and about 4" to short for me. Ive shot newer ones and O MY GOSH, shoots way better than any widow ive ever laid my hands on, im proud to say i have a taipan accuracy coming and a rennasaince to follow shortly after  ;)  let me what you think about berry bows
Romans 5:8- while we were yet sinners, christ died for us

JD Berry Taipan 68" [email protected]

Offline JV Rooster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Jd berry bows
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »
They are some very nice bows. Works of art.
>>>------John------>

Offline m midd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
I like em... The vixen is next on my list
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Offline Alec18

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 03:19:00 PM »
most definetly works of art, i dont think anybody puts as much craftsmanship in their bows as james does. and also i didnt know this until a couple weeks ago but did yall know that james is the one that invented trapezoided limbs? that was pretty much revolutionary for trad bows when trap'd limbs started came out. and then guess what happened? shortly after this black widow came out with trap'd limbs but they did it on the other side of their limbs  :nono:  and one more thing, i was talking to james the other day and he said he's never owned a black widow bow but the head person of black widows (i dont remember the name) has ordered james' bows before   :D

Offline bofish-IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 03:26:00 PM »
I had one of his recurves and I just didn't care for it at all.

My friend has had 3 of his longbows and likes them. The last one he had was the rennasaince and he had it hanging in his garage by the string. It fell on the bow tip and broke the limb. One of his others was an older viper I think and it blew up on him as he pulled it back. It gave him a warning a few days earlier it made a slight cracking noise.
PBS  Member

Offline arrow flynn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 03:50:00 PM »
He should be on anybodys list of the top 10 bowyers.James made some kids bows for me that are being shot  and treasured by a new generation of young archers .one of my most memorable hunts was w a jd berry bow.
Arrow_Flynn

Offline m midd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 05:10:00 PM »
I usually shoot mod 60s for hunting and i just  recently started started shooting low 50s  for 3D.. I cant believe how much cast the berry bows have for their weight.
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 07:56:00 PM »
James makes some awesome looking bows. I shot a couple for a few years, but quit after beaking the 3rd one. At one point I had 5 of them.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline Alec18

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 10:27:00 PM »
as far as the recurve goes james doesnt even like them lol, he just makes 1 model of recurve cause alot of people shoot them. im a longbow man myself, and dang ive never heard of em blowin up like that, i have a friend that has had a taipan hes shot almost every single day for over 5 years now and its still one of the best bows ive ever shot. and the cast is absolutely ridiculous lol, i shot an argos that was only 46 or so lbs and it shot on almost a flatline at 40+ yardage. i love em and the performance/craftsmanship is just amazing. james stands by his work too, if somthin happened to one of your bows im sure he'd be willing to help you out any way he could

Offline Alec18

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 10:29:00 PM »
o yeah and as far as that pit viper goes i dont know if anybody owned your freinds before he did but it could be as old as 30 years, james started making those in the 80's

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 05:35:00 AM »
Love em!Beautiful, fast, quiet, smooth, lightweight. What more could you ask for?

"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 05:36:00 AM »

"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline huntsmanlance

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 10:48:00 AM »
When i recently called James about ordering a bow he told me i should really order an Argos....he could have tried to sell me on one of his top end bows but he was more concerned with what would fit my needs instead!

That tells you allot about a bowyer!!!
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Offline Shawn Rackley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 07:35:00 PM »
i gotta admitt im kinda partial to em myself lol
i only have 4 er so  :)  nah in all honesty therye amazing bows. like Midd was saying the cast for poundage is awesome.

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »
They shoot good because of the cricket, they bring good luck.

Offline Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 09:25:00 PM »
Its actually a Berry Bug.Thats what the insiders call it,I heard.

Some of the unique and original features of the Berry bows have been incorperated by other bowyers.The arrow inlays and the trapped limbs.They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Very elegant bows for sure!

Offline Alec18

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 09:38:00 PM »
thats a pretty bow! viper right? and yeah james is definetely all about selling a bow thats gonna make you happy, not hurt ur wallet lol. and you just wait shawn, im workin on my collection, it will b amazing one day. and by the way its a roach on the bow lol, jus thought id let you know  :p

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 10:15:00 PM »
I have 3 JD Berry longbows-Renaissance, Yahewa, Taipan (James told me he thinks it was it was his first Taipan).  It's hard to find a better shooting bow!!!!
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©