3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2013 Hill Gang Hog Hunt  (Read 69875 times)

Offline tradlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2013 Hill Gang Hog Hunt
« Reply #340 on: March 01, 2012, 02:41:00 PM »
khardrunner-

I added you to the list. If someone tried to send me a pm and my box was full, it's empty now. I've been getting alot of interest about our hunt, and forgot to delete the pms.

Darren
Darren

[email protected]

"Archery may not be the sport of all Kings, but Archery is the King of Sports"
Howard Hill

SunSet Hill, stringfollow, 66" [email protected]",

Offline benmmc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #341 on: March 01, 2012, 02:42:00 PM »
Darren, you can add me to the list.

:archer2:
"We are men of action; lies do not become us." -Wesley

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #342 on: March 01, 2012, 03:49:00 PM »
I'm in.
Please
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline tradlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #343 on: March 01, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »
I won't have access to a computer for a couple days, going to Florida tradtional state shoot. If you have questions leave me a pm.

Darren
Darren

[email protected]

"Archery may not be the sport of all Kings, but Archery is the King of Sports"
Howard Hill

SunSet Hill, stringfollow, 66" [email protected]",

Offline stik&string

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #344 on: March 01, 2012, 08:35:00 PM »
Holy smokes this is turning into an event. Thanks to everyone that has contributed into making this an awesome event.

If there is anything anyone needs help with PM me an I'll see what I can do!

Offline Three Finger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #345 on: March 01, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »
Ok I am a little new at the hill style bow thing. But does my Mohawk Sparrow Hawk qualify.
US Army AIRBORNE 95-98
Woodland Hunter 58"48#@28
Hoyt Dorado 55#@28

Offline Nate Steen .

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #346 on: March 01, 2012, 09:55:00 PM »
sorry Three Finger....the Sparrow Hawk is a R/D longbow,  the Hill style American semi-longbow is a straight limb, either reflexed, straight, or string follow design.  Only Hill style American Semi-longbows at this event.  For good examples of what a Hill style longbow is like...check out Howard Hill Archery website, or watch the American semilongbow Hillstyle slide show.

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #347 on: March 02, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »
I think someone should post some pics of what qualifies and what doesn't, save some key life lol
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #348 on: March 02, 2012, 11:20:00 AM »
The bows that qualify will look like one of these when unstrung.

http://tradgang.com/hh/

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #349 on: March 02, 2012, 11:21:00 AM »
I think Darren intended this outing to be a celebration of the Hill style bow and for those that Love it. I`m sure he would`nt turn anyone away because of their bow but if you hunted with something else you would miss out on his whole intention I believe.
  I usually spend about 6-8 months a year hunting with a Hill bow and will probably shoot one all year this year after my new Tembo gets here in a few weeks.As Mudd sez its not how the bow feels but the way it makes you feel when you shoot one. Kinda deep stuff but if you feel it you know. Not everyone does.
  A quick look on the "Hill" thread on page 4 will show you "the" bow to bring.
  One more thing I would like to add.
At the time of year that this gathering will be the pig hunting is tuff. The WMA`s we will be scattered over have a good amount of pigs and small game but your probably not gonna shoot out of arrows at pork. With the amount of people planning to show there are gonna be some dead pigs but go looking for fun and adventure and you may be one of the ones to get a shot.To be honest I would go to meet all these folks and shake a lot of hands even if I had to leave my bow home. I have grown to call most on this site family and it will be great to look Folks in the eye while we are talking.I really look forward to it.RC

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #350 on: March 02, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »
Once again ole deadeye RC nailed it!!

Thanks RC for chiming in.

I too am looking forward to this gathering of like spirited folks.

I hope I can work things around so I can make a pre-hunt trip sometime this fall.

God bless,Mudd
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow

Offline Nate Steen .

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #351 on: March 02, 2012, 01:12:00 PM »
When Darren and I talked about getting this event together, we had no idea it would be this popular.  We just wanted to get a few guys who enjoy shooting and hunting with Hillstyle American Longbows together to meet and hunt/shoot.  Spanky and I and a few others had tried to put together another meeting previously that didn't work out.  I am grateful that Darren has had the time and energy to coordinate everything necessary along with JC's help and many others.

Since this get-together was started as a meeting of Hillstyle American Semilongbow enthusiasts, Darren and I desired to keep that as a criteria for anyone attending.  It was never meant to make anyone feel bad if they didn't have an American semilongbow.  There are events around the country who do not discriminate against using all types of traditional bows, longbows, recurves, etc. (even the Howard Hill shoot allows recurves for example)...however, there is also the North American Longbow Safari that only allows Longbows and broadheads to be used when attending.  We decided that since this hunting/shooting event was originated because of the Trad Gang HH thread and the friendships started there, it would be fun to extend that comraderie into a physical gathering.  We are honored that so many fellas want to put aside their usual longbows and recurves and dust off the Hill bows to be at this event....that's really cool.  It will be a fun time for all.

Sorry to be a stickler for the longbow style, we know it doesn't fit into everyone's traditional bow situation, but all who can make it are welcome.  There are also some fellas who have offered to lend out some of their extra longbows for the occasion to those who don't have a qualifying longbow...that's great and who knows, maybe there will be some converts to the American Semilongs... :)   Check out the link

http://tradgang.com/hh/

to see what will qualify.  Thanks to all who want to attend, and for all the support so far.

Nate

Offline longbowray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #352 on: March 02, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »
We'll just got my arrow shaft in today that I'm making up for this hunt . I got the GT heavy hunter , and boy they fly great and yes they are heavy with a 175 tip they weight in at 640 gr
@28 1/2 bop . Have a year to shoot them and get it all work out .
BOWHUNTTER FOR LIFE

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #353 on: March 03, 2012, 12:41:00 AM »
As others have said, this Hill Gang Hog Hunt is a celebration of the Hill style longbows.  Hunters are to use longbows of that design.
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #354 on: March 03, 2012, 07:57:00 AM »
As I stated before,I will bring an extra or two.

I already have one spoken for and it's going to be used to kill another "Hogzilla" by the lucky shooter..lol

God bless,Mudd

PS: I am right handed.
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow

Offline MikeNova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #355 on: March 03, 2012, 01:21:00 PM »
Well I belive I will be able to make it I can't be sure till a couple of months out because of my job. But I'm confident I can make it.

Offline MikeNova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #356 on: March 03, 2012, 01:27:00 PM »
Hey anyone that will be going through South Carolina please PM me so we can car pool! I'm hoping and confident I can make it.

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #357 on: March 03, 2012, 06:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by Mudd:
As I stated before,I will bring an extra or two.

I already have one spoken for and it's going to be used to kill another "Hogzilla" by the lucky shooter..lol

God bless,Mudd

PS: I am right handed.
I will bring a couple of extras too. My NM Shelton and lighter Trophy Hunter will be right in the wheelhouse for most shooters. Beyond that, I am not responsible for body parts that become "unpuckered" trying to shoot the others.    :scared:      :biglaugh:

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #358 on: March 03, 2012, 06:47:00 PM »
double post sorry

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #359 on: March 03, 2012, 06:55:00 PM »
I will have one or two extra bows that I can bring along for loaners. Maybe as the hunt gets closer and folks knows for sure if they can make it, we can try to match-up extra bows to people that would like to attend.

I feel the same as RC. Just to get together with so many fine folks around the campfire and sneak around the Georgia woods with a longbow in hand is the real attraction to me. Seeing or getting a shot at a Pig would just be a 'Bonus'.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©