3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Bama Bow.  (Read 735 times)

Offline NIGEL01

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Bama Bow.
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »
That's the exact one I was going to order, but with bison horn tips with red phenolic under it.  I just bought a used one here, I hope I hate it or I'll be giving Nate a call and explaining to my wife!!

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 06:27:00 PM »
Well Nigel, I would go ahead and get the Dog House ready, you're gonna like that bow!    :help:
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »
Well done G-Bows! Frank AND Forrest are always bragging about their 100# Bamas. You guys are out of my league weightwise. Bet you;re gonna dig that bow! Post some of your early shoot pix.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline gorillabows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 08:08:00 PM »
Thank you Buddy! I know you shoot some heavy ones too.

Please let me know what you mean by "early shoot pix"

Dannybows.....that is a wonderful looking expedition!

Joe

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 09:11:00 PM »
The Expedition Hunter Nate is working on now will be a 62" 2 pc, 45@28, Cocobolo riser with 3 lams of Boo, and Brown Glass, with a brown Beaver Tail grip. Nate is doing the grip different on this one; a narrower throat with more palm swell to raise the wrist some.

I'm making up a dozen Quillian Supercedars for it.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline sorefingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 11:29:00 PM »
Nate made me a Royal+++ 5 lams boo osage veneers cape Buff horn tips and  overlays, beavertail grip. He clocked a 960grn. arrow at 182fps. 68" 100#@28 this is a smooth fast piece of work, Nate takes pride in his work and I take pride in owning it,what a bow heres to ya Nate   :clapper:
psalm 83:18

Offline sorefingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 11:32:00 PM »
Joe I bet Buddy wants a pic of a critter you stick with that bow  :bigsmyl:

Offline sorefingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 11:36:00 PM »
Danny that is a beaut of a expedition

Offline NathanS

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 11:50:00 PM »
SUPER NICE arrows Joe! i got some like that from Frank but nicer! LOL i'm kidding but mine weigh 930gr shoot like darts! but in a pinch could double as a club for dispatching wounded elk and such lol . after reading this thread i wont be able to change my shirt for 2 days my head is so big LOL THANK you all

Offline sorefingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2012, 12:06:00 AM »
Well! Well! Well! Hello Nate, about time you got on here and chatted with us gangers. I know your always covered with glue and get stuck to the keyboard. Did you ever get the phone off your ear yet LOL!! Hope all is well and am looking foward to the expedition to match my royal+++ all I need now is more money  :banghead:

Offline NathanS

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2012, 01:02:00 AM »
HI Frank!

It's funny you say that because my phone looks like an epoxy oyster LOL! you know i'm surprized at the amount of guys i see getting into the heavy bows here lately but i'm very happy to see it because i love building them and shooting them myself i'm getting stronger to! now i'm only useing one foot and both hands!

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 01:05:00 AM »
:biglaugh:     :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:

Offline Dodger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 03:42:00 AM »
after reading this thread i wont be able to change my shirt for 2 days my head is so big LOL THANK you all [/QB]
Not so fast, me mucker. You still can't fish for toffee.   :p  

BTW, when did you buy the spare shirt?   :D

Offline sorefingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 07:49:00 AM »
Most bowyers balk when you say heavy, and when you say 100 they get all nervous, not Nate he's like I thought you wanted a heavy one. I am with you Nate new heavy shooters keep appearing, time to break the 50lb is all you need trend, lets shoot heavy bows even if some of us have to workout to do it, time to get off the couch and get those fingers sore LOL!!

Offline gorillabows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
Oh Frank, not all of us are freakishly strong like you!

The most important part is that we are having fun.

In my humble opinion though archery is such a great opportunity to work on our fitness and overall strength.

As a matter of fact the ancient koreans used it specifically for this, and often times did not care where the arrow was placed on a target.

But the goal was to work both sides and attain balance.

The ancient Turks documented that archery training was to start young, and never let an arrow be loosed until after a year or so of training.....pulling the bow and holding, pulling the bow and holding....not sure how long I would last doing that.

HH was under the impression that if you wanted a faster flatter arrow, you pulled a bigger bow.

The great Marlon Torres is always strength training with this in mind. As we all know he pulls some ungodly bows.

Offline BOHO

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2012, 07:54:00 PM »
Im glad yall are enjoying the bows. Ive been looking for a used longbow for a couple weeks and almost found a Lonetree awhile back.  LOL   :D   It was too heavy for me though realistically. I can only shoot a bow in the 40-50 pound range. Maybe I can find a used one in that range I can afford soon. Hope to see some more pics soon. I love seein some good lookin bows
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow
Black Widow Recurve
Mike Corby Special
DAS Recurve

Offline gorillabows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2012, 08:31:00 PM »
BOHO..
You should talk to Nate at BAMAbows.

Do not quote me on this, but I think at one time he was thinking about putting together some economy bows. And I know they would be great shooters.

Offline EastTexasRedneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »
BOHO, I think I found the Lone Tree you were looking for. It's a real nice bow and shoots great. Joe, I did not know you could pull a 100# bow. That's awesome. I don't think I could have done that 20 years ago when I was in shape. I envy you guys that can pull that weight but I can still kill some varmints with my bows. Congrats on a fine bow. Philip

Offline sorefingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »
I may be freakish Joe, but sure not freakish strong. My dad always made me work at a very young age, and I had a bad case of little man syndrome which caused me to train. Sure never woke up strong one day. LOL!! Joe you are a humble man, I sent Joe my 112# whisperstick and he draws it to 28'with good form, this is a tough bow, sense it is a 62" recurve, but not for a gorilla man.    :bigsmyl:

Offline BOHO

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »
thx guys. I'll check em out.
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow
Black Widow Recurve
Mike Corby Special
DAS Recurve

Users currently browsing this topic: