3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any Suggestions  (Read 2890 times)

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any Suggestions
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 05:29:00 PM »
It's been in the seventies here in N.C. for about a week, I think were having the warmest winter on record.  Been shooting in shorts and a tee shirt.  Sorry!
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 06:01:00 PM »
Come on down bro...we'll at least chase squirrels or stumps all day. Bring yer swimmies if ya do...we got rain scheduled for the next week.

How bout some books and mags? Call me and I'll send ya what I got.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Redfeathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »
Here in San Angelo,Tx the word is "ICE" and do you think these folks here know how to drive in it   :scared:  
More of the same tonight

Brent

Offline Bodork

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »
I'd stay off the overpasses 'cause that's cold enough to freeze the nuts off an iron bridge!

Offline Roger Moerke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »
This time of year I get into where I'm gonna go this year. And when one gets cooped up for more than a day, well I could get in trouble!!

Offline Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »
Vance,
It appears you are getting the same temperature we had last Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, though it warmed up a bit, the low was only -22 this morning.  You need to get one of them new fangled remote thermometers like my wife bought that tells you how cold it is, the wind speed, barometric pressure, and lots of other stuff (that doesn’t mean anything to me), without having to going outside.  Luckily, I have a radiant heat in the garage/workshop/storage room and got a shipment of bow building supplies from Mike at Pine Hollow Longbows this afternoon so this evening I will finish clearing a workspace and start another takedown selfbow.  I reread The Traditional Bowyer’s Bible and Hunting the Osage Bow over the weekend and the bow building mode is starting to settle in.  Unfortunately, it is to cold to haul a bunch of the c*** in the garage to the dump.  If you need videos or DVD’s let me know and I will send some your direction.  

Walt Francis
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2007, 08:28:00 PM »
This is what missouri looked like on the last weekend of the season

I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2007, 09:50:00 PM »
Well Gang it's Great to know that your LOOKED AFTER, thanks for all the offers and ideas  :saywhat:  
They was all holed up anyway, I looked

PAINT---uck----spit----GAG......JC I am headed yer way first light

Offline Miss Kim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2007, 04:02:00 PM »
Come on down Vance. It's 32 here right now and will probably get down to the low twenties tonight. For you it will be like being in the tropics! Bring your wife this time and we will have a grand ol' time.

I hate to paint also...that's why we have tongue and groove walls.....  :D  Isn't there some medical kind of danger with fumes and such???? Best that I recall, you need proper ventilaton and you certainly can't open and door or window....there that should get you out of it.
Kim

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©