3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dynamic Spine calculators  (Read 219 times)

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
Dynamic Spine calculators
« on: February 10, 2012, 10:31:00 PM »
Question for all the bare shaft advocates out there.  Rev 12/25/10 V2 Dynamic Spine Calculator allows me to select betwen a bare shaft and the final version of the shaft I want to shoot (number of feathers and length).  There seems to be enough difference between the two (more than the 2 pounds of dynamic spine recommended) that adjusting the brace height isn't enough to compensate.  Which do I tune for??
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dynamic Spine calculators
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »
I set-up all my selections in the calculator based on the complete fletched arrow. Once I find a shaft that is close(within 2 pounds). I then start bare shaft tuning usually an inch longer than the calculator recommends and cut off 1/8" untill it tunes in perfect. My latest arrows tuned in exactly where the calculator said they would, but it is still better to do the tuning yourself.
James Kerr

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©