3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: lost bows by USPS  (Read 580 times)

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
lost bows by USPS
« on: February 11, 2012, 07:41:00 AM »
For those of you who have had to file claims with the USPS, how long did it take before they either found your bow or paid up?

I sent a bow back to Craig of HH archery about 2 weeks ago via priority mail (2-3 day) and he has yet to see it. We've talked to the postmaster from where I sent it and as of yet he cannot find it either. So, we are filing a claim today. Wish us luck!
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: lost bows by USPS
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 07:44:00 AM »
I have only had 1 claim with USPS and they settled it pretty quick. It was for damage though.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 07:46:00 AM »
Can you file a claim before 30 days is up?
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 07:46:00 AM »
I’ve sent several back to Craig over the years and never had a problem. But there is always the first time. Hope they find it......stabow
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Offline Jack Whitmire Jr

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 07:49:00 AM »
The only claim I fled was for a guy who Stiffed me on a Browning recurve that I paid with US POSTAL MONEY ORDER . It took a long time but he was charged with mail fraud . Good luck .
Tolerance is a virtue of a man without any  Morals- unknown author

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 08:00:00 AM »
If the package was insured and hasn't been received, then as long as you have your proof of value and insurance receipt, the process will be fairly quick.  A couple weeks for reimbursement.  You can file a claim online to speed the process up some.  Best way to find the article is to call the delivery office first to make sure it isn't there awaiting a signature for delivery.  If it was valued at more than $200 at the time of mailing, then it will require a signature upon delivery.  Your Postmaster can also look up the item online with the insurance number.  It doesn't track every location, but does pick up scans as it moves through the processing plants and when it arrives at the delivery unit.  If it really is lost then ask you Postmaster to do a MRC inquiry.  This is an e-mail they send to the Mail Recovery Center with a description of the item.  If packages are damaged or items loose in the mail, this is where they eventually end up when it cannot be determined where they were going or coming from.  That's why it is always good to include your information inside the package as well.  You will also want to go on the USPS.com website, go to the Postal Inspector link and file a mail fraud report.  You will be able to complete the form online and attach pictures or documents as well.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 08:15:00 AM »
Great info Chris!

What do you need to show proof of value?

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 08:46:00 AM »
I've had to file only one claim with USPS due to them damaging the bow in transit in all my dealings. Luckily the item was insured, but they required a bill of sale from the bowyer as to what it would cost to replace the item even though it was not a new bow. Took me almost 6 months to get my money, but they did pay the full insured amount.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 08:48:00 AM »
Yikes! Should I email Craig and have him write up a bill of sale for my used bow? I have an image of the signed check they guy cashed.
I Corinthians 9 24-25

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 08:54:00 AM »
I had one take 19 days to go from Missouri to Kentucky.(even I could have walked it there)

I will absolutely not ship anything without a tracking number.

If it has any real value($100 or more)I make sure to have it insured as well.

I hope yours shows up and soon!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Online fishone

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 09:00:00 AM »
I had one that was sent Priority Mail and was received approximately two weeks after it was sent. I also had one that was destroyed. We had to provide a bill of sale to determine the insured value and it took about 6 weeks to receive the money from the USPS. If it is lost, I think you have to wait so long before you can file a claim. Your Post Office should be able to advise you of the correct procedure. I think it will show up within the next week or two. Good luck!

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 09:04:00 AM »
You guys are lucky. I've had one bow vanish in transit. They delivered the label off the package and refused to honor the claim as the system showed delivered even tho no one signed for anything!

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 09:21:00 AM »
I have had 2 claims filed with the USPS, both non bows, but expensive items.  Took them about 2 weeks to remit payment, but that was AFTER the 30 day cycle you have to wait to actually file the claim.

I didnt have to show any proof of value, other then my insured value,  but this was around 10 years ago, things may have changed.

I filed a claim against UPS 2 years ago,  and it was just short of me taking legal action to get my claim paid.

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 09:56:00 AM »
Thats why I add Delivery Confirmation(less than $2). With it the package can be tracked to it's last location. There is no tracking for Priority Mail but I use a combo of Priority and Delivery Confirmation.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 10:01:00 AM »
The best shipping service I ever had was with an International shipment. An independent shipping company kept me in the loop throughout the entire shipment, and it only took 4 days to get to me from across the pond.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 10:10:00 AM »
There is confirmation on it, as well as insurance. The USPS tracking system is significantly lacking as compared to other carriers. We'll see what happens.
I Corinthians 9 24-25

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 10:42:00 AM »
I believe if you send something Express Mail that it is tracked every step of the way, however it costs considerably more than Priority Mail. Delivery Confirmation only tells you when the item is delivered. At least that has been my experience with USPS.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline flinthead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 11:20:00 AM »
I had a postal money order take 7 days to get to Va. from Louisana. The bow got there in 3 days. Both had tracking number.Never did find where the money order had it's layover.  It just keeps life from getting boring.Good luck, Roy
Maybe it is time to shoot what I have on the rack

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2012, 12:13:00 PM »
"Murphy's law".... has got it's claws in everything !! May be sooner than later, just never know.
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2012, 02:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by A.S.:
Great info Chris!

What do you need to show proof of value?
What is evidence of value?
If the item is worth $100 or less, you can provide a statement that includes the purchase date, location, and price, as well as whether the item was new or used.

For more expensive items, evidence of value can include…
 •a sales receipt.
 •an invoice or bill of sale.
 •a copy of the cancelled check or money order.
 •a credit card billing statement.
 •a final and complete transaction sheet indicating the amount deducted from an Internet account.
 •or other documentation indicating the amount paid.

For damaged items, you’ll also need to provide an estimate of the repair costs from a reputable dealer.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©