3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ***VIDEO ADDED*** Rio Grande Turkey/Javelina Hunts "DISCOUNTED SPOTS AVAILABLE"  (Read 793 times)

Offline Huntin' Texas

• Trad Bowhunter
The Longfellow Ranch has a limited number of spots available for Rio Grande Turkey and Javelina.

LONGFELLOW RANCH    

AVAILABLE OPTIONS:

All hunts are 3 Days 2X1 Fully guided, State of the Art Lodging and Expertly Prepared Food included

Option 1: 2 Rio Grande Turkey Price $1250.00 (minimum group of 4 hunters) Available dates March 19th-April 28th For Spring hunts

Option 2: 2 Javelina Price $950.00 (minimum group of 6 hunters) Call for available dates

Option 3: 1 Rio Grand Turkey and 1 Javelina Price $1250.00 (minimum group of 4 hunters) Available dates March 19th-April 28th

For Booking and Questions please contact Aram Barsch [email protected]

Javelina Hunt Video  

LONGFELLOW RANCH

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I will be back here soon to add more pictures and a story or two to this this. Anyone interested in Javelina hunting needs to go do it.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
Looks fun Randy. Too bad they don't offer non-guided hunts.

Looking foward to more pics.
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline ermont

• Trad Bowhunter
let me know what you can do for a guy without a bunch of friends.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ermont give him a call.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Huntin' Texas

• Trad Bowhunter
I've heard from several folks who would like to come but don't have a group to come with. We could possibly put y'all together to form a group. It's a great way to meet folks and make new friends.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Last Wednesday night my Dad and I set out for the Longfellow Ranch to spend some time hunting Javelina with my good friend Aram.  We arrived at the ranch in the middle of the night slept for a couple hours, got up and filled our bellies.   It did not take long before we were out scouring the ranch for skunk pigs.  The first afternoon had us in three different groups of the funny little critters.  

The first group was a little wily and busted us on approach.  The second we set up and attempted to call, seems it made pretty good javelin repellant.  I have seen this work before but this was not the weekend for it.  The next group we found though must have had 9-12 Javis. It was time to change the plan of attack and make a good stalk.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
working on a video for this then I will finish up some story telling.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Huntin' Texas

• Trad Bowhunter
Randy, come on! I can't wait to hear the story...even though I was there.

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
"Never to old to learn something new"

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Well Dad was the first to make a stalk.  Aram went with him to video while myself and two new friends Cotton and Kerley videoed and watched from the rig.  You will see in the video he had not trouble getting close the trouble was he had a little trouble hitting one.  After he missed one it came running right in front of us.  I grabbed my bow with Kerley and Cotton running cameras we made a stalk.  I got a shot on one and took it. The shot was a bit low and required a finishing shot at the end of the blood trail.  My second stinker was in the bottom of a steep canyon.  I closed the gap fast and got right on top of him.  I drew back leaned forward at the waist and released. My limb hit my leg causing my shot to hit right on the on the Javi a quick well placed second arrow and #2 was down.  (Lesson learned this was a bow I had not shot in a lot of difficult positions, new bow 6 inches longer means practice the ups downs and everything else)   Day one and I had two nice boars down with the help of this group.

TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
The next afternoon we were right back in the middle of them.  After some unsuccessful attempts I took over the camera and Dad and I were in shooting range of a nice boar.  It became a battle of patience as we waited for him to present a good shot.  He eventually did and Dad made this shot count.  Spine and lungs dropped him in tracks.  We continued to pursue the group and he placed another good shot on a big old sow.  After overcoming some shooting  adversity Dad had his two Javelina.  A trophy he had been trying for years.    
A little while later it was time for my good friend Aram to put his self bow to work.  We spotted a big group of javelin on the end of a small ridge.  I grabbed the camera and Aram his tools of the trade.  We made a quick stalk and were in the middle of the group in no time.  As anyone knows who has hunted these before the travel in groups and they can be pretty scattered out.  Well in this case we had them from 8-30 yards away above and below. One passed below us  he could see us but did not know what we were.  He began popping his teeth and sounding the alarm as Aram sent arrow just over his back.  Just then I heard foot steps behind me.  I look back and see a boar charging down the hill at full speed right to us.  Now I have had then tear the legs off my pants in AZ a few years ago so I was a little nervous about this situation as you will be able to tell from the video.  I got Aram’s attention as he was the one with the bow.  I guess my excitement stopped the quick approach and the boar circled us at about ten yards offering a shot.  Aram put a great shot on him and 30 yards later he was down.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Mike Yancey

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
Good stuff Randy! Congrats to you guys! Looks to be a great hunt.

You headed to Rock Springs for the BOW banquet next month Larry? Hope to see you there my friend.

Oh, you as well Randy, for sure!  :thumbsup:
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS

Offline Ray_G

• Trad Bowhunter
Very cool video and hunt, Randy.  Congratulations to all involved.    :archer:
Sunset Hill 64" 54# @ 26"  "Destiny"

B.H.A.