3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: best value in a flashlight?  (Read 430 times)

Offline Michigan Mark

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: best value in a flashlight?
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »
No scrimping aloud to recover downed game!
...Mark

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 03:15:00 PM »
I have way to many lights. Streamlight is a great light,tons of LED head lamps and flash lights. I just got coleman with interchangeable lenses(red,blue)that has an incredible beam to it. But for tracking a blood trail I still like Peroxide in a spray bottle and any light will do.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »
Sitting here thinking about it the last couple years for tracking the only light I've used is my Petzl headlamp to keep a eye on my "tracker". lol She doesn't require batteries or even need a light just a pat on the head and piece of jerky at the end of the trail. Looking back I sure wish I'd trained a tracking dog along long time ago! lol Sorry to get OFF TRACK on this thread but just had to brag up my tracker!
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 03:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by Killdeer:
I bought a Fenix KT15 light last year. I loved it so much that many of my good friends got them for Christmas.

It runs on 2 photo batteries, has a "daylight" tint to he light, can be as bright as the fires of Hell, and has several levels of luminance. Small enough to pack without hassle, even in a pocket of my pants or shirt.

Killdeer
X2
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »
I bought one of these  Flash Lights  back in Oct. and for the price I'm very pleased with it. Compares to a Surefire in brightness. I bought 12 of the CR123A batteries in a package deal on Amazon, but so far the first battery I put in it is still going strong and bright

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 04:07:00 PM »
Whatever it is that Barry and Gene sell on their site is what I have.  Heck The batteries never did wear out, I changed them after a year and a half cause I got worried that they just couldn't last tht long.  It is small, strong, and MAN is is bright. . or not, depending upon you need.

ChuckC

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »
Get the main beam from Gene and Barry. Awesome light!

Jason

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »
I actually picked up a Maglight LED in the clearance section at Walmart this fall and it is the first LED flashlight I have really liked. VERY bright and usable light. Mine uses AA batteries, so it is a tad longer than I would like but it casts a beam a LONG ways if needed and I have a lot of hours on mine already and still the original batteries. I would buy another!

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012, 09:02:00 PM »
Fenix for sure
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 09:07:00 PM »
Fenix is one of the best products I have ever purchased.  So impressed with it, I bought one for my daughter.  We do everything from track deer to shine frogs with ours.  Mine is the PD30 and my daughter has the E15.  Both run off the cr123 batteries, mine takes 2 and hers one.  Hers has a max lumens of 140 and I had read that if you keep the lumens under 160 it will prevent the light from getting so hot to the touch that it will burn you, so that is why I got her the lower lumens one.  She wears hers around a neck lanyard as it is so small.  Most of the time, I use mine on the lower lumens setting anyways.  Battery life on these fenix lights are great and VERY durable and well built.

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 09:08:00 PM »
For me it's the compact Stanley Ultra Bright Spot Light.  It's rechargeable and light weight. $39.99 with the charger, very bright.......
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline Tall Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2012, 09:18:00 PM »
Gene and Barry's flashlight blows all others completely out of the water!
Is a life of rice cakes really life, or just passing time?-Rick Bragg

Offline Preston Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
Another vote for the Fenix PD3 or mainbeam. I have been wearing one on my duty rig for three years and it gets wet,dropped, rolled on and it keeps on shining. it puts out more light than my big rechargable streamlights. Simply an amazing product!

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2012, 10:00:00 PM »
I have the Fenix PD3 and can't say enough about it, it is the cats meow
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline waknstak IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2012, 10:28:00 PM »
Princeton tec makes a great inexpensive led headlamp. You can find them on sale for around $15 from time to time. Small packable and lightweight a great light for all the times you need your hands free. Not good for bloodtrailing imho, I go get the coleman lantern for that.
"You can't have NO in your heart"- Joe Dirt

Offline MikeS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 07:22:00 AM »
I vote for the Fenix also from Brothers of the Bow.  It puts out an unbelievable amount of light from such a small package.  I liked mine so much I bought 3 more for birthday presents for my 3 sons.  They also LOVE them!
Mike

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 07:45:00 AM »
After hunting with a couple buddies who had Fenix PD30's I NEEDED to get one. Like it so much I bought a second one to wear on my helmet at work. I too bought the large packs of cr123 batteries but now use rechargeables from China.

Offline groundhawg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 03:16:00 PM »
Look at Romisen flashlights from
 http://www.dealextreme.com/c/flashlights-lasers-999

This place has many brands of light and you are buying directly from China [where everthing comes from anyway]. The Romisen I have takes AAA as well as cr123 batteries and is $18. Hard to go wrong...

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by LoneWolf73:
Fenix FD30, if you get one you will "see". Well worth the money if you "use" a flashlight.
I think he meant PD-30.
I have one...LOVE IT!
check out their site.

Looks like they have a couple new models now ( PD-31 AND PD 32)

I would shy away from the PD-31 as the "low" is too low.

The 30 and 32 are basically the same just different control switches.

GREAT TORCH.

http://www.fenixlight.com/product.asp?classid=1
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Kapellmeister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by waknstak IL:
Princeton tec makes a great inexpensive led headlamp. You can find them on sale for around $15 from time to time. Small packable and lightweight a great light for all the times you need your hands free. Not good for bloodtrailing imho, I go get the coleman lantern for that.
I have the Princeton Tec "Remix Pro" model headlamp and love it.  Here's a review:   Princeton Tec Remix Pro review
Gene

~ s.D.g. ~

68" Osage Orange Selfbow 55@28
68" Hill Half-Breed 55@28
64" Schafer Silvertip 1pc Longbow 50@28
58" Shrew Classic Hunter 49@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©