3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: trail cam wolverines?  (Read 724 times)

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: trail cam wolverines?
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »
Thanks for posting those pics Jeremi!

Told you guys he had some good pix! He's a sneaky guy that can catch just about anything on camera. ...Ryan

Offline 1Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2012, 10:40:00 AM »
Great post. I've never seen one but growing up  there was a Disney movie about a family in the north that centered around a wolverine,and the problems they had on their trap line with it. Hard to believe it was a Disney movie now

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
The only one I have ever seen, museum of natural history NYC.

I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2012, 09:50:00 PM »
Wow cool pictures for sure

Offline doctari

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2012, 08:34:00 AM »
A couple years ago there was one caught on camera in the thumb area of Michigan. They assumed it hitched a ride over from Canada on a garbage truck, sometime later it was found dead and turned over to the DNR. I do not remember how it died, it was a good news story with plenty of sightings reported.
"So long as the new moon returns in heavan a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men."   Maurice Thompson The Witchery of Archery

Offline Wiley Coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2012, 09:19:00 AM »
Great thread!! I have never seen one but I have heard they are fearless and a trapper's worst nightmare!  :thumbsup:
Great Northern Bushbow
Super Shrew Delux
Talon Longbow
Chekmate Hunter Recurve

Offline Geezer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2012, 10:44:00 AM »
The last confirmed sighting of a wolverine in Colorado was in 1919.  In 2009 though, researchers from Yellowstone tracked a wolverine from Grand Teton National Park south to Rocky Mountain National Park, NW of Denver.  This was the first known appearance in 90 years.  Colorado DOW tracked him for a year or so but I'm not sure if he's  still in Colorado or not.  Cool animals.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
RMEF / NWTF

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2012, 06:41:00 AM »
I've seen one, over by Dillingham.  There are good numbers in Alaska.  My dentist saw two from the highway about a half mile from my house about a month back.

I've found tracks a few times in PWS and the K-Pen.

I recall JR that was on here a bunch about 6-7 years ago shot one here on the K-Peninsula.

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2012, 08:01:00 AM »
They must be plentiful in Alaska. I have been following a trapping thread on another site. They have snared-trapped  at least 20 since Jan 1st.
Tom

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2012, 09:46:00 AM »
I have never seen one in the wild, but 2 summers ago, my next door neighbor came over all excited, after seeing 'some strange animal' right in front of our house (in a town of 5000). After she described it, I thought "it couldn't be a wolverine", but we checked out some pictures of wolverines, and she confirmed that was what she saw. Another neighbor saw it, too, and confirmed that it was a wolverine. What that critter was doing in town is beyond me.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline NormanDale33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2012, 10:30:00 AM »
Originally posted by TxAg:

Originally posted by NormanDale33:
We saw one on an elk bowhunting trip in the San Juans of CO one year. There was some growling and rustling in a bush and it took off out of there as we went by on our horses. Our high school mascot was a wolverine and we have a stuffed one in our school entry and that is how I recognized it. My dad is a biologist as well, and was pretty certain on the identification. Never saw tracks or anything else of one though.
Do they range that far south? [/b]
We had never heard of them being that far south, and weren't prepared to see one that is for sure. I think the last confirmed sighting was in the 20's or so. There is one that had been tracked into northern colorado using a chip or collar, not sure if he is still around. We were in the San Juans at about 10,000 ft and they are known to travel great distances.
Show me your ways, LORD,teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me,for you are God my Savior,and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalms 25:4-5

Offline jhg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2012, 12:13:00 PM »
Neat animals. One of my favorites along with the pine martin.

Joshua
Learn, practice and pass on "leave no trace" ethics, no matter where you hunt.

Offline CRS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2012, 02:28:00 PM »
Neat,
I saw one floating a river in Alaska in 2002.  While sitting in camp, it walked along the opposite shoreline.  It could have absolutely cared less about me or the camp.
Inquiring minds.......

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©