3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Big thanks to wtpops and everyone here  (Read 105 times)

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
Big thanks to wtpops and everyone here
« on: February 16, 2012, 09:05:00 AM »
I made a resolution this year to learn how to build a string.  With the help of this site, I built a string jig, and learned the basics of building a string.  I posted a few weeks ago about help with choosing a material and wtpops generously offered to send me some D97 he wasn't going to use.  I got it last night and ended up making three strings.

I can definitely see that it's a learning process.  The first string was horrible.  It was 4 inchs too short and the bundles did not lay together at all (too much countertwist).  The second one turned out a little better, but it was too long and the loops were way too big.  The third one turned out ok and I think it's actually usable.  It's no where close to the quality that some of the pros on here can do, but I'm happy with it (being that it's only the thrid one I've made).

Just wanted to say thanks again to wtpops and everyone who adds to the great knowledge base here at TG.  This place and it's members are the best!

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Big thanks to wtpops and everyone here
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 09:47:00 AM »
:bigsmyl:

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Big thanks to wtpops and everyone here
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »
Good job.  Nice looking twists in that one.  It gives me peace of mind to be able to make my own strings.  Hardest part for me is dealing with arthritic thumbs - the twisting is tough some days.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©