3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NEW Grizzly BROADHEADS (byZIPPER) 170 KODIAK READY?  (Read 2420 times)

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: NEW Grizzly BROADHEADS (byZIPPER) 170 KODIAK READY?
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2012, 09:08:00 PM »
Pictures.....????? Well yes, as a matter of fact here are a few 170 gr. Kodiaks we ground this morning.

I know everyone’s chomping at the bit for these but please bear with us. You may know that I’ve been sharpening Grizzlies for people privately for a few years now but, there’s a heck of a difference between sharpening half a dozen BHDs for someone and putting the original factory grind on thousands of them.

I needed to build a totally new grinder and tooling configuration for this job from scratch. Actually two… Someone mentioned the original run we did for Bill and Tracy for Kzoo. When I think of the rig we used for that, I can hardly believe we pulled it off at all… and I wasn’t too thrilled with the grind on those either.  :readit:

So immediately after K-zoo, we started building a new set-up. The new machine is much tighter, far more precise, and super-duty. As with any new system there has been quite a bit of tweaking of various components and a whole lot of trouble shooting and diagnosing. I’ll spare you the details but we’ve got all the major bugs worked out and as you can see, the beefed-up grinder is putting out some really nice consistent grinds now. I anticipate that there will be some more minor adjustments to be made as we go along (isn’t there always)?  In fact, what appeared to be a fairly minor modification yesterday resulted in an important piece of the puzzle falling very nicely into place. I’m planning on shipping the first batch of RH 160 gr. Grizzlies, 170gr. Kodiaks, and 200 gr. Kodiaks by the end of next week. The LH versions should be done shortly after that.

So please be patient with us.  :wavey:   Thanks!

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2012, 10:00:00 PM »
Ron, what the weight of the 170 Kodiaks after the grinding process.

thanks

Doug77

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2012, 09:51:00 AM »
170 grs

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2012, 11:21:00 AM »
Hey folks my internet has been down.

Those are looking great Ron!!!

Eagle lets just wait until Bmore.I have a bunch of the 140's I am snipping the tips on now.They should be ready for heat treat by the end of the week. That usually takes a week. Then they get cleaned and painted. After that they are ready to send to Ron. HOPEFULLY we do not have a repeat of our last shipping night mare.

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2012, 12:07:00 PM »
You are making an outstanding work,I'll be patient,the result is more important than the delivery time!  :thumbsup:
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline BaldingEagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by cacciatore:
You are making an outstanding work,I'll be patient,the result is more important than the delivery time!   :thumbsup:  
Ditto
"It is the difficulties of archery that make it so interesting to true archers."
Archery-Badminton Library

Offline robertson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2012, 03:13:00 PM »
Great job guys on a exelent broadhead

Offline LYONEL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2012, 04:42:00 PM »
Bill Is it possible to buy these without the tanto tip  or unground I wouldn't mind a few this way to do a few experiments with.

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2012, 11:31:00 PM »
Really nice website!  

How much do the screw-in adapters weigh, and can you purchase them with the broadheads?
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2012, 05:20:00 PM »
Let's keep this up top until my Left bevel get done!  :bigsmyl:  Anymore questions or answers to share?

Offline BaldingEagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2012, 05:43:00 PM »
Sharpster,
Will you be at the Baltimore shoot, this year?  I bought your broadhead sharpener 2 years ago and like they way they sharpen up the 2 blades - even the curved ones.
I got the knife sharpener for Christmas and would like to see you sharpen these heads and some knives to be sure I am using them properly.  I may also need to purchase a new stone or two.
John
"It is the difficulties of archery that make it so interesting to true archers."

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2012, 07:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by LimBender:

How much do the screw-in adapters weigh, and can you purchase them with the broadheads?
Will, Bill told me he would eventually carry adapters both aluminum and steel but won't for some time. Check the dealers page on the Grizzly site most all those companies carry them.

http://www.grizzlybroadheads.com/dealers.html
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2012, 06:44:00 AM »
Bill and Ron the heads are looking great! Ron the Grind looks nice and clean, and will make sharpening so much easier.Nice Work   :thumbsup:  

The wider head is going to work great for a lot of guys as well.
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2012, 07:31:00 AM »
Oops sorry
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2012, 08:44:00 PM »
:wavey:  I can wait as long as you can! How much longer for those Left bevels to be done?  :dunno:    :D

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2012, 09:10:00 AM »
When you put Bill and Ron on the same project, you got some nerdy guys working together who are both pretty perfectionistic! That is a GOOD THING for us consumers!

I've been getting custom ground heads of another vendor from Ron for years... and he never stops improving his setups!

Balding Eagle,
Ron said he's so covered up this Spring with heads to grind...he wasn't sure about B'more, but I hope he can make it.

If not, he'll talk you thru using the knife sharpener for heads.  Just use a black felt tip on the edge...then take a few strokes and see where it's hitting and move the adjustment up or down to match the bevel.  Works slick... let the stone to the work!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Rick Wiltshire

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2012, 09:18:00 AM »
I bought a package of 160's at Kalamazoo.  How are these heads compared to the new run of heads?

Offline BaldingEagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2012, 11:30:00 AM »
Doc, Thanks for the info.

Offline LostNation_Larry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2012, 01:10:00 PM »
Rick, if you purchased at Kalamazoo you have recent broadheads, but Bill told me the grind will improve on the current run.  Once you sharpen the ones you have, they will be identical to the current run.
www.lostnationarchery.com
Where "Traditional" means "Personal Service."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©