3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New stuff for bowhunting  (Read 524 times)

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New stuff for bowhunting
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2012, 11:34:00 AM »
Like stated, the modern hunter relies on manufactured tools to replace good ole woodsman ship.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline StanM

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2012, 12:13:00 PM »
I went to the ATA show in 2011, didn't bother going this year.

Unbelieveable!  Couldn't believe everything I saw, couldn't believe how huge that show was.  Met the guy selling the laser broadheads.  He was a little put off by the hollow pointed tip of our 100 grain Talon as he thought it would infringe on his hollow pointed laser tipped broadhead patent request.  Too bad for him I already have a patent on the Talon    :D  

After talking to him a while he loosened up.  Nice enough guy, as are most that I met at the show, but in my opinion misguided.  Told me he had killed a deer with one of his broadheads by hiding behind a tree, pulling his bow back and sticking it around the tree on his right while looking around the tree on the left, lineing up the dot and letting fly.

I asked him why?  He looked at me kind of puzzled.  I said why shoot a deer like that, why not just play a video game.  We decided we didn't agree on hunting.

I think what you saw, Roadkill, is what I saw at the ATA.  The sport is now dominated by marketers.  Great marketers with bad products can make a fortune, even if the product is not a long lasting one.  In fact, I think they prefer that their products are not long lasting as they will obselete themselves with a new offering the following year, playing off the publics desire to have the newest, coolest thing.

As long as people are buying "easy" they will continue to sell it.  As long as the size of the animal is paramount to the quality of the experience, there will be gadgets that sell well.  It's a different mind set.

I remember watching an old Twilight Zone when I was a kid (loooong time ago) where a guy thought he'd died and gone to heaven.  Everything he ever wanted he had instantly.  He went to play pool and knocked in every ball on the break.  He was ecstatic.  Played again and knocked in all of the balls again.  Still smiling.  Played a third time and tried to miss the balls, after banking a couple of times the cue hit the rack and scattered all of the balls into the holes again.  He couldn't miss, literally.  Turns out he was in Hell.

Offline atatarpm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2012, 01:39:00 PM »
"Turns put he was in hell"   lol lol lol
Atatarpm   "Traditional Archery is a mastery of one's self ; not of things."
71# Qarbon Nano
67# T2 Blacktail
85lbs Bama
100lbs Bama
60lbs Big D's Long Bow

Offline Pon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »
just saw in FB a bracket that turns your Iphone into a bow sight........Really?

gimme a break!
Treadway Black Forest 54" 53#@28

Offline swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2012, 09:49:00 PM »
Is that the talk and shoot model????
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©