3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Carbon collars on your hunting arras...?  (Read 153 times)

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
Carbon collars on your hunting arras...?
« on: February 18, 2012, 11:53:00 PM »
Hi all,

I was planning on ordering some AD Traditional carbon shafts  soon and was wondering if any of you lads use them on your hunting shafts?

Cheers,

al.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Paul R

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Carbon collars on your hunting arras...?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 12:20:00 AM »
Al I use the carbon collars from 3 rivers on my hunting arrows. Most of the country I hunt is very rocky and my arrows last a lot longer with them on. I was always pushing the inserts in and splitting the shafts from hitting rocks on missed shots, pass throughs or stump shooting. With the collars on it happens far less.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 12:25:00 AM »
Cheers mate. Thought that was the idea behind them...
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 11:46:00 AM »
Al,

I have been using them for a while now.  I make mine out of aluminum arrow shafts that are a tight fit.  Tricia and Morgan both hit a steel target at a shoot last week.  the arrows bounced back.  I replaced the head, and put the nock back in the shafts and they shot the same arrow for the rest of the 3D shoot.   I won't shoot a carbon arrow without them.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Breakfast Boy

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »
The carbon collars really beef up the end of a shaft.  TradGanger "Boomerang", who is part owner of VPA, puts a carbon collar both on the point end and also on the nock end of his arrows.  He does a lot of stump shooting and small game hunting with them.  Turns them carbon shafts into a flying tank.

Of note, VPA makes the carbon collars so as well as 3 Rivers any VPA dealer should sell them.  Let me know if you have any questions!

Jameson Olson (VPA Sales & Marketing)
[email protected]
-Jameson

Membership Secretary
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

www.comptontraditionalbowhunters.com

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 12:36:00 AM »
Cheers guys... many thanks for the replies! Looks as though some collars are in order for my order.

al.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©