3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: price of hunting  (Read 648 times)

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: price of hunting
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2012, 07:58:00 AM »
There are lots of hunting opportunities out there that have very resonable fees. Many opportunites are rather expensive or completely unobtainable for most. That is the way of life.

Complain about them if you will, but if everyone could afford to do them all, then we would be complaining about how long it took to get drawn to hunt rabbits in such and such a state.

I can't see how one should complain about non resident fees either. As someone who enjoys traveling to hunt as I do, I always have a moment to complain about them too, but just out of reaction. Yes they can be high, but I don't pay taxes in those states as the residents do yet I choose to partake in there bountiful resources and when I can't afford them, I save up or hunt somewhere else.

Remember, in a comunist country, where most everything is equal in classes, there are very few freedoms. At least here we have the right to complain abut how the goverment is over charging.

BigJim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: price of hunting
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2012, 01:05:00 PM »
Costs me about $1500 per year to fly to Texas to hunt, then another $1000 for a rental car and $330 for a hunting license. Gotta pay to hunt so normally another $2500 to do 3 or 4 different hunts for a month and that does not include what I pay for gas and food.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©