3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sister Bow to "Ol' HB" (Pics)  (Read 330 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sister Bow to "Ol' HB" (Pics)
« on: July 24, 2007, 03:37:00 PM »
OK, as promised here are pictures of the sister glue-up to my bow ("Ol' HB") that my bowmaking mentor, Mike Brooks, made into a bow and then turned over to me to sand and finish. This one got kind of nasty with Mike and tried to do a pretty severe limb twist. He tried everything he could to straighten it out - to no satisfactory result. So he decided to back it with Bamboo. That took care of it quite well and made a fine tri-lam out of it - Massaandruba belly, Hickory core, Bamboo Backed. The tip overlays are Bloodwood like mine, but the riser not only has the Brazillian Cherry like mine but also a couple pieces of Purpleheart. Shoots dreamy and as one would expect, the Bamboo makes it faster than mine. After I sanded it, I finished it with five layers of Polyurethane Gloss. I have a coat of past wax to put on it yet. We decided not to wrap the handle in any way to better display the woods. The bow is 67" ntn, 45# @ 28" and Mike  told me Sunday to hold on to it and shoot it. He'll get it when he wants to share it - LOL. I really like the bow and think you will too.

Riser (forgive reflections from the gloss):

Limbs Top and Bottom:

At Brace (3):

Full Draws (2):

The arrow is the beautiful Japanese Boo arrow that Art B made and shot, and then presented to me at ATAR this year - it's a real shooter!
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sister Bow to "Ol' HB" (Pics)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 04:25:00 PM »
hey bernie that is one fine looking bow. where do i get one LOL!!! did i say mine is to be 60" #45 at 26 1/2" draw and bamboo backed etc etc.  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »
Nice Bernie    :D   building a bow is on my to do list someday
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 06:10:00 PM »
Bernie ya look like all business. Great stuff my friend.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©