3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone use sitka accent jacket for elk hunt?  (Read 235 times)

Offline wigeon

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone use sitka accent jacket for elk hunt?
« on: February 20, 2012, 03:39:00 PM »
I am considering but a Sitka jacket I have the mountain pants and wore them last year on a pack in elk hunt,love them they worked out great.I was going to buy the 90percent jacket it's on sale at cabelas but saw the accent jacket on Internet.Looks like accent jacket is lighter but I figure I could wear my merino wool shirt underneath if need be.i am taking the merino wool shirt and pants no matter what.I wore them last year to sleep in.any info on either jacket would be appreciated.Thanks

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone use sitka accent jacket for elk hunt?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »
I have used the asent pants. Good as it got when they came out. I have since got a new favorite but the ascent is top notch gear.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 10:42:00 PM »
I've never seen any sitka gear in person. What is the greatest advantage of the sitka clothing? I'm not crazy about the cammo patterns. Are they super light and comfy? They are kind of spendy, just wondered what it is about them that makes them so popular?
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011,
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanistan.
NRA Life Member.

Offline Shane C

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 06:34:00 PM »
Try out the Kuiu gear. Really similar to the Sitka gear but made out of better material. Goes more to the "core" of what you need for hunting. I invested in it this past season and it's awesome stuff! I think (never owned any Sitka stuff) the ascent would be similar to the guide jacket. I know the pattern may seem odd to some people, but it does work! Was on the ground and within 3 yards of a couple bucks a couple different times.
Wes Wallace Mentor 60" 64@31
Wes Wallace Mentor 64" 50@28
Brush Creek Bows 3-piece longbow 64" 48@28

PBS associate

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©