3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Creek Banshee LB - Need Opinions  (Read 291 times)

Offline Koko Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
Black Creek Banshee LB - Need Opinions
« on: February 20, 2012, 05:07:00 PM »
Curious as to what you all thin of the Banshee.  Hopefully I will hear from folks who owned or have owned one.  Looking for overall reviews including fit and finish, grip, etc...  

I like the lines on the bow.  It looks similar to the Thunderchild.

Thanks.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! ~ Psalm 17

Dryad Epic

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Creek Banshee LB - Need Opinions
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 05:19:00 PM »
Never owned one but have shot one and was pleased enough to have one on my wish list. There is one in the classified now at a fair price. The 40lb bow I shot fired with athority. Jim's a fine bowyer and buisness man.

Offline Keith Langford

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »
I just sold a banshee 3 piece takedown, Jim builds as fine a bow as there is.Fit, finish are top shelf, and its a shooter for sure, my 54" @ 28 " was sending a 10 GPP arrow through the chrono at 198, thats smokin for a longbow. and quiet and no handshock, the only problem was the grip was a little thick for me, but he's thinned that down some on his new bows, you wont be dissapointed I guarantee, give him a call
John 3:16

Offline primitivealltheway

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »
i have had several of them...its nice to live about an hour away..lol ,you will not be dissapointed ,smooth ,attention to detail and jim gainey is just a stand up guy .jim is a great guy ,i plan on picking one up this weekend at the allsouth/compton shoot .i dont even know what it looks like or which one i pick up ,but i do know  i will be getting one .lol
fit - fits me like a glove killed my first deer with one a few years ago 41#@28 complete pass through at 18 yards from the ground
finish -- one of the best out there tough and non glare
grip- i like it .medium to medium low .but talk to jim he may be able to do something different.
"nothing like being in the woods with a stick and string"

Offline Lonnie bailey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 08:06:00 PM »
i have had a 3 peice t/d banshee and i currently have a 1 peice banshee and loved them both, you wont find any better craftsman ship and Jim is a great bowyer. i currently have a 51# 58" banshee for sale in the classifeieds
2012 Traditional World Champion MLB

Zipper SXT T/D longbow 60" 46# @28"
Zipper Zipstick longbow 60" 42# @28"

Offline refugerambler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 08:19:00 PM »
I have two banshee's and a siren, love them both
Bear Cheyenne 55@28
Brooks Artisan 53@28

Offline barebow17

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 09:00:00 PM »
I have a 3pc Banshee recurve.I love mine. Thinking about getting another soon.

Offline TJK68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 09:15:00 PM »
I bought a 62" 1 piece and sold it to one of my hunting buddies. I loved it, I just wish it was a little heavier, poundage wise. I should have orderd it a little heavier, my bad. I have a Siren that money can not buy, and the same buddy has one as well. The Banshee will smoke an arrow, good thing is I still get to shoot it any time I want to. LOL.... Any thing Jim makes is top shelf, great guy to deal with and he makes an outstanding bow. The fit and finish is great and like I said they are shooters. You will not go wrong dealing with Jim.
Tom

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©