3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: lewis hollow-longbow or recurve limbs  (Read 186 times)

Offline jimboby

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
lewis hollow-longbow or recurve limbs
« on: February 23, 2012, 02:11:00 PM »
I am going to get a new set of limbs for my Hyestani and would like to know the experience of others who have both longbow and recurve limbs for this bow.  I currently have 55# longbow limbs and like them a lot. They are  smooth, quiet, and reasonably fast.  What do like or not like about the recurve limbs?  BTW whichever set i get will be 45#.  I know the recurve limbs are shorter for this setup but dodn't know anything else about them.  I would appreciate your thoughts.

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: lewis hollow-longbow or recurve limbs
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 07:33:00 PM »
By the way welcome  I would get some recurve in a shorter length than the longbow.That way you will have some options when to use either one.I shoot a Bob Lee and have both kinds of limbs for my risers and trade them often.Kip  :campfire:

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 01:10:00 AM »
I have both recurve and longbow limbs on my combo hyestani. My recuve limbs makes a 58" bow and my longbow limbs make a 62" bow. I only shot the longbow limbs twice I love the recurve limbs and they have been on my bow since then. My recurve limbs are really smooth and they are 47lbs at my draw of 28". Chris is a really nice guy I had another bow ordered but he stopped making bows for awhile. I wouldnt hesitate to order another from him but I just got two new bob lees so maybe another time
Border tempest hex 7
Border tempest 25 hex 6.5
L.H.A Hayestani Combo 47lbs @28
Bob Lee camo dipped 47lbs @ 29
Bob Lee Heavyweight 50@29
Stewart 3pc Slammer. 45@28
Hoyt GMX & RCX 1000 limbs

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 01:12:00 AM »
where in PA do you live if you are close enough you are more and welcome to try mine just another option
Border tempest hex 7

Offline jimboby

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 07:41:00 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  Brad, I live in Indiana County, not too far away.  If you are left handed, I would love to shoot your bow.  I spoke to Chris recently, he is making bows again.  His advice is that the longbow limbs are a bit quieter, the recurve limbs add some versatility.  Interesting that you mostly shoot the recurve limbs.  I know there are times when a shorter bow would be handy in hunting situations.  Just wanted to make sure the recurve limbs could be made to be quiet enough.  BTW, what arrow setup do you use?

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 01:22:00 AM »
I also use SBD string on my bow and it made it super quiet, I killed my biggest buck to date with my bow last year and used my lewis hollow 47 lbs@28 recurve limbs and stinger broadheads
Border tempest hex 7

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©