3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: what do you use tab ,glove,mit,etc...?  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Gene Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: what do you use tab ,glove,mit,etc...?
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »
i use a glove at the moment.i honestly dont know what kind it is.i'm working on using a tab though.
Yea,though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,i will fear no evil:for thou art with me;thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.Psalm 23:4

"Speak softly and carry a big stick. . . . "           President Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Artur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2007, 10:54:00 PM »
I have always used a glove, 3-finger style. I started with the type that has the stitching along the side of the finger, until I started getting a large, painful callous on the index finger (first between index and second finger, then on the other side after I switched to 3-under drawing) right next to the nail... Since I switched to a glove with the stitching on top of the "fingers", I no longer have problems with callouses. I like that with a finger glove, I can let the glove dangle without it getting in the way if I have to do field repairs on arrows or anything else requiring finger-tip use.
Artur - Archer/Fletcher; To Live Is To Learn, To Learn Is to Live

Offline Larry247

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »
I've shot a Damascus glove since I fist dicovered them in the 90's. One a year, they wear out fast though...  :thumbsup:
A trophy is in the eye of the beholder.

Offline Charlie Cole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2007, 04:22:00 PM »
Okay, I'll be the wimp for this thread. I have got so I like those saunders rubber string thingies (like a No-Glov, but thinner) AND my glove when shooting fast-flight over 50 lbs. I know, it "slows the string down" and "rolls off the fingers too much for a clean release." Blah, blah, blah. You may have a point, but....

Friends, I'm no Jeremiah Johnson, but I'm man enough to admit that when I can COMFORTABLY draw to my anchor, all afternoon, my form gets better quick. And when my form is better, I can concentrate on the spot. And when I can do both those things without my brain hollering for me to let go of that damn piano wire, I can usually put 3 in a group the size of my fist at 20-25 yards. I have learned that if you try something and it doesn't work right away, give it another couple hundred shots and see if you can get used to it. Usually you can, if you're honest with yourself. I figure if some guys can shoot with other real disabilities, I can adjust my shooting for a more comfortable string. And for me, that means more accurate.

As far as speed goes, well, I'd rather the arrow got to where I want it eventually than miss instantly.

so there. Now, shooting 40 lbs and dacron, who needs a glove (at least for the first 2 dozen shots...)?

Charlie the Wuss, out.

Offline BaldingEagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2007, 05:20:00 PM »
DAM - 98% of the time.
My own tab 2% of the time. (Just to do something different.)
"It is the difficulties of archery that make it so interesting to true archers."
Archery-Badminton Library

Offline Chortdraw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2007, 11:52:00 PM »
cordovan tab .....Alaska Bowhunting
  3 under tab and trimed to fit  :thumbsup:

Offline Gote Rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2007, 02:34:00 PM »
I shot good with a glove but I shoot great with a tab. I only use my glove if its very cold outside. I make my own tabs and they work great.
I may give out but I will never give up.

Offline Rufus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2007, 09:46:00 PM »
I mostly use a tab. Can shoot a glove but my release is much better with a tab. I have a pattern and make my own. Sometimes I spay the leather good with a silicon spray that I found for un-sticking and lubricating things. No odor, waterproofs to a point and is slick for awhile. I keep some practice going with my glove cause what I forget is what I really need the most and my tab is on that list.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Offline Rufus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2007, 09:47:00 PM »
Actually I spray, see no need to spay a piece of leather. Pretty much past its prime.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Offline W.Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »
damascus glove for me

Offline Two Arrows

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2007, 12:19:00 AM »
Tab for me. Never liked the way a glove felt with my anchor point.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BamBooBender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2007, 03:23:00 AM »
damascus glove lately, but have shot bare fingered a lot in the past. Been thinking about trying the triple serving as described Roger Rothaar in MOBB.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Goodbye Shiner you were always a good dog.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©