3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who do you have to thank?  (Read 895 times)

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who do you have to thank?
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2012, 08:25:00 PM »
Warren Womack, Murray Landry and Greg Gravois.  It's hard not to like something when involved with good people.
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »
I'm not sure where the desire to get into trad archery came from, but I'll have to thank my wife for buying me my first longbow in Christmas 2005.
As far as support in this sport, the only support I've gotten has been from the site here.  There are no other trad shooters here.  So, you guys are my source of information and encouragement.
But, the person that got me into the outdoors was my dad.  Dad was never much of a hunter (I never saw him kill anything), but he took me deer hunting in 1978.  We hunted each year and I was bit by the bug to pursue game.  His heart wasn't in it, but he took me every chance he had.  The last day we hunted together, was the day I killed my first deer in 1986.  Thanks dad!
Ken
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline emac396

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2012, 09:04:00 PM »
My Dad and Jerry J, 2 men I watched and admired all my life.    Thanks Jerry I'm sure you will read this.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »
My dad hunted with recurve back in the '70s and he let me shoot that old Shakespeare back then. I hunted groundhogs with it during summer break from school(never killed any with it but I did get close once). I had my stint with wheelies in the '80s. He later got back into archery in the '90s when I got out of wheelies and into trad. We went to 3D shoots together with our recurves and longbows and hunted whitetails together as well. It was a great time.

I never did thank him for introducing me to the bow and arrow.

He passed away in 2009 at the age of 66. I really miss him.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 09:31:00 PM »
In Order specifically. This doesn't include the people who made bowhunting and archery what it is today.

Dad

4H

Ron W.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 09:38:00 PM »
I have a couple of co-worker friends to thank for introducing me to trad archery. I also have to thank Rod Jenkins for teaching me how to somewhat harness back tension and making me shoot better (after doing it the hard way for nearly 15yrs)!

Bisch

Offline redpepper49

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 09:31:00 AM »
My father. When I was 10 in 1959 my dad took me to the woods with his ever sharp axe. He found a red cedar to his liking and then and there made me the finest bow a boy that had never had a bow could wish for. Nothing that swims,flies, or runs would ever be safe again  form my arrows made of weeds and heads of hammered nails. He went on to the happy hunting grounds soon after but not before teaching me of the spirits of the forrest.

Offline carpenter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »
My Dad.
Howard Hill Wesley Special  HH Halfbreed

Offline adamgti

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »
There are definitely more people then I can mention on here, but here goes anyways. Dennis with hit-r-done archery, Calvin the man who got me Started, Bert with quartermoon and everyone elsewho shoots up here in Alberta for making it enjoyable. Oh and Sean mayan by childhood friend who is the powerhouse in the mountains who always carries more then his weight.
Quartermoon 62" r/d longbow 53# @ 29"

Offline huntmaster80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »
Everyone who ever helped me along the road!!!! Oh, and my wife, who now shoots with me!!!!

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »
My Dad and Gramps for hunting in general, and my old friend Brian T for getting me hooked on bowhunting 18 or so years ago...
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2012, 08:12:00 PM »
My grandfather
Father
Older brother

And

The Wensels  :)
Morrison & Titan ILF & BF Extreme Limbs
Silvertip 1 Piece 57#-Silvertip 57#-Black Widow Ma II 61#&69#-Fedora 560 69#- 560 57#-560 60#-560 55#-Brakenbury Shadow 60#-Hoyt Buffalo 55#- Bob Lee 58#- fishing bows PSE's

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2012, 09:27:00 PM »
All my true friends are bowhunters and have been right by me when I needed them. That's a blessing you can never say THANKS enough for!

I've made some new friends in just the past three years or so- Alex  Chris Larry Paul Matt rick doug Jed Jared Lin woody just to name a few-  it's amazing how many- too many to mention- I feel like we are almost family...
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 09:27:00 PM »
I was born with a bow in my hand and a quiver full of arrow on my back.

My mother took me out when I was five and cut me a bow out of a tree limb and made me some arrows for it. When I was about 8 or 9 I saw Howard Hill shoot an exhibition and that year for Christmas I got my first bow that shot real arrows. It was a solid fiberglass bow from Indian Archery and I had that bow well into manhood. I could hit anything with it. I have never been in that kind of groove again with a bow. I could shoot rabbits on the run . Ate rabbit a couple of times a week. Even hit a dove flying. I would walk around the big farm pond and scare the bull frogs in and wait for them to come up out in the water and shoot them. i may have missed but I remember connecting with five big frogs one day showing off for my mom and dad. Problem was I had to swim to get them out of the water. In those days I lived every day with a bow in my hand roaming the Missouri woods and creeks.

That never gets out of your blood.

God bless you all, Steve

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2012, 09:42:00 PM »
i have to thank Batman, Ber643, John Dill, PatB. Stiks-n-Strings, pearldrums, and kellyb. thanks all for the inspiration and your insight to keep going. rv
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline saltwatertom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2012, 11:50:00 PM »
Fred Bear.  :archer:
"There is always luck about, for those willing to look for it"

Offline marshratTC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2012, 12:00:00 AM »
Several guys on texasbowhunter.com  

Can't thank them enough as they encouraged me, steered me in the right direction and still answer my dumb questions.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012, 12:01:00 AM »
As far as my bow hunting I mostly have Gene and Barry to thank.  I came across Genes first book as a young boy and read it so many times I still to this day have it mostly memorized.  This was before I was old enough to bow hunt.  Aside from that I have to thank my dad.  Although he does not hunt..he took crucial time off of work to take me hunting because he knew it was like life or death importance to me.  Now I'm blessed to have like minded lifelong friends and a wife who gets it.

Offline xia_emperor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2012, 12:26:00 AM »
My wife! she wanted to try traditional archery and thought compounds were stupid. I was shooting a compound and started to try her equipment. I fell in love.
“instinctive archery” is more like playing the violin. Without practice you may remember the mechanics, but you will not be a virtuoso.

62" titan riser and samick master limbs 50@28

Offline Shane C

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2012, 12:49:00 AM »
I'm new to trad archery and pretty new to hunting in general. Only been hunting for going on 4 years this fall, 3 years with a bow in general, and I just got my first recurve this month.
I'd have to thank my dad for teaching me to live the great outdoors, even though he has never hunted (hoping to take him out once he moves back Stateside).
My uncle for teaching me everything I know about hunting. I shot my first deer with him. He's the one who got me interested in shooting a trad bow.
My wife for supporting my passion for hunting even though she hates to go hunting she always supports me.
Wes Wallace Mentor 60" 64@31
Wes Wallace Mentor 64" 50@28
Brush Creek Bows 3-piece longbow 64" 48@28

PBS associate

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©