3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who do you have to thank?  (Read 893 times)

Offline rdoggsilva

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who do you have to thank?
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2012, 01:07:00 AM »
My cousin.

Offline Milk River Stickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2012, 03:05:00 AM »
My Uncles Roy and Dusty.

My Dad amd Mom.

Dick Robertson.

Thanks more than any of you will ever know.

Offline deadeyed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2012, 06:24:00 AM »
Thank to watching the movie Robin hood.I woorked all summer to buy me a Pearson recurve. 1971or72

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2012, 06:35:00 AM »
My grandfather for lighting the hunting passion and Ken Beck with Black Widow for sparking the traditional interest.

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2012, 07:38:00 AM »
There are so many who have helped me in my journey, two stand out. One is my Uncle Bud who got the fire burning and taught me about all associated with the sport, and a guy named Joe Thompson. He owned a little archery business in Baltimore and was instrumental in my transition to longbows. He showed me so much during those few years that would fill a book. The strange thing is he shot a recurve, but could find a way to help you to get the most from  yourself and bow. I still think of them everytime I see the arrow fly.

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2012, 08:18:00 AM »
Jim Hamm.   :thumbsup:
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline Javi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2012, 08:41:00 AM »
For this young boy it was the romance of my Native American heritage fueled by newsreels of Fred Bear at the Saturday matinée and stories in Boy's Life and Field & Stream...
Mike "Javi" Cooper
TBoT Member

Offline Blueridge

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2012, 09:08:00 AM »
Fred Bear. Used to watch his movies every sat. morning when I was a 9 year old kid. and God for wiring me up this way with a deep appreciation for his creation.
Isaiah 1:18-20 Come now let us reason together, says the Lord.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2012, 09:36:00 AM »
Dad got me into hunting. I got myself into bowhunting.  However, like Blueridge and others, I was enthralled as a kid watching Fred Bear and Ben Pearson on TV hunting with bows.  

I don't even know if that's what really got me interested. I made a bow out of stick and string at about 8 or 9 years old and terrorized the local Robin population -- no Robins were harmed in the making of this bowhunter.

Frankly, I imagine the Injuns (with affection) in my favorite westerns turned me on to bows.

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2012, 10:17:00 AM »
My Father for introducing me to hunting, specifically archery. My traditional mentor and long time friend Gordon Whelan for convincing me that trad gear is the only way to hunt. Thank you both!
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »
Howard Hill. He gave a shooting presentation when promoting his movie "Tembo" when I was a kid, I was hooked after that, also Fred Bear from his appearances on the old American Sportsman show also when I was a kid been shooting and hunting with a bow ever since I was 12 or 13, at 61 years of age I still savor the woods and hunting with and shooting my recurves. It clenses my soul and renews my spirit.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline jbat73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »
My Stepfather who bought me an old Ben Pearson Longbow as my first bow, with a used back quiver.

Bob Holzhauser who sold me my first arrows, glove and armguard.

Ray & Renee Grenier who sold me archery supplies and bows at great prices for helping out at the shop when they owned Lost Nation Archery.

And most of all the Boys of White Mountain Traditional Bowhunters, Kevin Coleman, Tom Tellier, Harry Hubbard, and Jaques Bonin, etc... But especially Kevin Coleman, he taught me 80-90% of all I know about archery, and Bowhunting,  he let me borrow from his emmense archery library, and always made cool trades with me. They all taught me so much, I will never be able too repay any of them, they are all great people, Thanks to all, J   :thumbsup:
White Mountain Traditional Bowhunters

Granite State Bowhunters

Online Littlejake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »
My uncle Milt. I still miss him...
Try and be the person your dog thinks you are...
PBS Regular Member

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »
My Grandpa, my Dad. Mr. Fred and an old boy from Missouri name of Gary all had a big hand in it and my son keeps me going these days. I owe em all.
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2012, 04:50:00 PM »
Rick Pauls. Every time I went over to his house and he was shooting one of his Silvertips he would hand it to me. I was hooked on the first shot, but was in denial for a few years. I got a longbow a couple years after that first shot with the Silvertip, that helped me along, but I still yearned for a Silvertip. Then one year I decided I was going to hunt with my longbow, and shot a doe but didn't get penetration past the broadhead. My arrow weight was to blame on that. I hadn't found this site yet so I had no idea it was so important. I was always told that lighter get more penetration    :knothead:  I know how dumb that sounds now, but back then I didn't know any better. After a conversation Rick he agreed to sell me a set of Silvertip limbs and he would make me a riser to go with it. Well long story short I love that bow and now have an original Silvertip that is very near and dear to my heart. I've only been doing traditional archery for 2 years now, and it's seriously the most fun I've ever had with hunting. It's made me a better hunter, I still have along ways to go, and I've learned to respect the animals and nature more.

I also have to thank ALL OF YOU here on TradGang. The info I've gotten from this site is amazing, and the friends I've made is even better. So thank you all!
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2012, 06:12:00 PM »
My brother Jay was very instrumental in my traditional journey.

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2012, 09:36:00 PM »
First my dad, God bless him, and second my best friend Pete Osimanti, who got me back into it over 3 years ago. And now I try to shoot 3 times a week. Traditional bow hunting is a beautiful thing.
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline Butch Speer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2012, 10:55:00 PM »
I got into this end of bowhunting because I saw Bowhunting October Whitetails. The last few years tho Mudd has kept me in it. If it weren't for Roy, I'm sure I would have quit. Thanks Buddy!
God Bless

Butch the Yard Gnome

67 Bear Kodiak Hunter 58" 48@28
73 Bear Grizzly 58" 47@ 28
74 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45@28
Shakespeare Necedah 58" 45@28

Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Offline imhntn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2012, 12:25:00 AM »
I got interested after watching Fred Bear movies. I had a young couple that both hunted take me under their wings and taught me all about shooting my first year to hunt back in '82. Their last name was Groshong and they got me started the right direction and I was able to harvest my first deer that fall.  They also served as officers in our local archery club, now defunct, The North Central Oklahoma Bowhunters.
2 Timothy 2:2

Offline cuboodle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2012, 07:00:00 AM »
I guess for me it was myself and my dad. He bought me a recurve and at age 14 I was allowed to go out back alone hunting with a bow not a rifle or shotgun he isn't a hunter but provided and supported me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©