3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stolen Bow  (Read 679 times)

Offline Milk River Stickman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stolen Bow
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 03:07:00 AM »
TTT and good luck

Offline NewtoTrad2008

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 07:21:00 AM »
Thanks for all the well wishes, i was just in the garage and noticed that they also took all of my broken arrows, about another 2 dozen. Seems like they were going after just the bow stuff. I will be taking alot of your advise, flyers are being made and I will be going door to door tonight. I'd hate to think that another trad archer took them, but thats the way it is looking now,I sure hope I am wrong.
   "[dntthnk]"
Kanati 56" 55#@26" missing :-(
Mohawk 64" 60#@28"
Ben Pearson KM Special 50#@28"
Matt

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 07:28:00 AM »
I really feel for because I was in the same boat a couple of years ago. The difference was I wasn't home I was at a 3D shoot and had to go to the bathroom, when returning found both the bow and side quiver gone. The thing that gets my goat is no one saw anything!! I still get mad when thinking of it. Just know what your feeling my friend.

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 07:44:00 AM »
Sorry, that has to make you boil.  Hopefully whatever needs to happen will.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 08:48:00 AM »
I really hope you recover your bow and quiver. Might not hurt to check some of the other bow sites with classifieds as well.
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Offline Bldtrailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 08:56:00 AM »
Post flyers at the local bow clubs/dealers and ranges(and I hate to say it you may want to offer a reward)
As we get older our bow weight goes down and our body weight goes up, One of Lifes little jokes.
Bringing Archery to
 Wounded Warriors

Offline flippnsticks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »
:pray:  I hope you get it back soon

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2012, 09:38:00 AM »
I know how you feel. I could make a very long list of the things stolen from me over the yrs...a bow would be on it...and it's really a helpless feeling. I know I just wanted to catch them in the act. Although I'm sure it's best I didn't.

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 09:41:00 AM »
I would start looken in the woods at the end of some streets near the house. Once they realize they can pull it back they will probably stick the arrows in some trees and toss the bow.you cant carry it around the streets if your a kid.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 10:01:00 AM »
I lost one at the Baltimore shoot last year right out of my booth at night. it's a sick feeling.

believe it or not they found the guy, but he didn't have the bow in his possession, and they couldn't prove that he stole it. Sad but true... I'm still pissed off about it.

sorry for your loss bro....maybe you'll get lucky.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »
That's a shame Matt. Do you have another bow to shoot? If not send me a pm. It's not much but I can send you a bow and some arrows.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline hawk4570

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »
makes me sick to hear this
bill browning

Offline RkyMtn Joe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2012, 10:47:00 AM »
Had some bows stolen from me in a burglary a few years ago including my Rocky Mountain Recurve with 2 sets of limbs, a beautiful one piece Bruin, a '70 Super Kodiak, several other Bears, a Pearson 2-piece recuve, and worst of all, 3 self bows built by my father in the 1930's.  They stole 2 really nice Herter's bows, and 2 great Herter's leather quivers, both stuffed with finished aluminum arrows etc.  Just thinking about it fills me with rage.

I have never found any of my bows and would love to have them back---would also love to remove the thief from this planet or at least make sure he will never be able to reproduce.

Sorry for my rant, and I hope you recover your equipment and that the thief is identified and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Joe

Offline NewtoTrad2008

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
Steadman-thanks for the offer, luckily I have a couple more bows, lucky thing is my Mohawk was hanging right beside it in a bow sock and they didn't touch it.
On the bright side(if there is one) I have a dozen raw shafts waiting to be finished, I guess I have some motivation to get them done quickly.
Kanati 56" 55#@26" missing :-(
Mohawk 64" 60#@28"
Ben Pearson KM Special 50#@28"
Matt

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 11:41:00 AM »
Leave the garage door open and place a trail camera up and see if the thieves come back. Heck I would place a trail cam facing the street and see who looks suspicious, thieves are like arsonists they always return to the crime to see whats going on.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline David lozzano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2012, 11:48:00 AM »
I would start looking in near by pawn shops!
As soon as they realize they can't pull the bow they're going to sell it.
JK traditions Kanati 60" 53#@28
Morrison ILF 56" 48#@28
selway lil magnum 58" 49@27
Black Widow PMAX 60" 51# @ 28
Stalker Jackal 58" 52# @ 28

Offline ChrisM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2012, 01:10:00 PM »
Unfrotunately you can't trust most people nowadays.
Gods greatest command:  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Offline GrayRhino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012, 01:54:00 PM »
I second the idea of checking around in any woods nearby, etc..  I had something stolen out of my car one night that the thieves ditched in some tall grass in an empty lot.  The police came, checked around the area and found it.  

Hope your stuff turns up.  That is a bummer.  Can't hardly leave anything open or unlocked these days.
God  now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.  Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good,  some are just real good!"  Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along."  Glenn St. Charles

Offline BOHO

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2012, 01:58:00 PM »
that bites. I know here when my stuff was stolen in july 2011 they said the pawn shops hold the stuff for 3 months before they can put it out to resell. so dont start snooping too soon. hope you find it.
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow
Black Widow Recurve
Mike Corby Special
DAS Recurve

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2012, 02:04:00 PM »
Hope you find it Matt. The Mohawk isn't too bad of a back up  :)  If you need anything, shoot me a pm  :thumbsup:
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©