3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anybody use a Loggy Bayou 15-ft. Brush Ladder  (Read 402 times)

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Anybody use a Loggy Bayou 15-ft. Brush Ladder
« on: July 25, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »
Anybody try one of these yet?  The 3' ladder sections and 35# total weight makes it look interesting.  Wondering if anyone has used one?  Squeaks?  Other issues?  Small platform for my feet, but it could work.

Thanks if you have info.

BobW
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anybody use a Loggy Bayou 15-ft. Brush Ladder
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »
I'll let you know Bob, got some ordered for the store and plan to get one for myself---i was pretty impressed with them at the dealer show
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Offline TXRED

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 09:51:00 AM »
Bob,I believe it was ClintV who wrote up his experience with the Brush Ladder a year or so back.If memory serves,he replaced the ladder section bolts with latch pins so he could assemble it without tools.Overall,he seemed to be very pleased with it.You might try a search to dig up that thread.
John
    Too young for Medicare,
    Too old for women to care

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »
I got your tree all picked out Bob.  :)  Get it here quick so we can lock it in and clear shooting lanes way before the season. PS - a pallet would be too small for your feet.  :)
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 10:36:00 AM »
Joel Smith:
Hope to hear good words from you about them.  How soon are you getting them?  Particular questions are "squeak", the sling seat, and platform.  As bbassi was busting my chops, I'm no little guy.  That stand interests me on portability.

TXRED:
This one is a "fast assemble" unit that uses pins.

Brent:
very funny....

Offline Double Creek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
My brother in law has one.  It's a decent little stand.  It's a tad wobbly, but nothing I'd be concerned with at 15 ft...  His 14yr old son uses it mostly.

Offline bridog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 04:23:00 PM »
Hey Bob,

Used one quite abit last year.  They are comfortable to sit in with the sling seat.  The standing platform is small but I guess it keeps you from dancing around too much.  You really have to be carefull when you are getting ready for a shot trying to spin your feet around.  It is decent to pack in and set up, but is alot of pieces to get packed away if you are planning on taking up and down every time you go in the woods.  A little wobbly when you go up for the first time to cinch down your strap.  For the money and weight it is a good stand.  

I too replaced the bolts with lynch pin type deals.  One word of caution - I shot "at" the biggest buck of my life last year in that stand and after the shot my knees were shaking so bad that I could hear the lynch pins shaking audibly...  But I guess it was the arrow missing it's mark that scared him away instead of the stand.

Bridog

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »
I have one,nice and light, easy to put up. it's strapped onto a palm tree in my hunt club. mine is rock solid.I only use it as my black powder(ML)stand. Rain will puddle on the sling seat and The foot platform is tiny. If platform was larger(longer) I would have bought a few of them. I have 5 vertabraes fused in my back, I do not twist like I used to, so I didn't think I could shoot my bow from it, I set it back off of the game trails 50 yrds for Black powder gun only. I used the bolts that came with it,It's a solid stand, I weigh 250lbs size 10 boot. I bought 4 of their(loggy bayou) 20ft bowhunter stands,they weigh arround 55?lbs and have a flip up seat, they are really nice take a look at the Loggy Bayou "BowHunter" stand.

Offline Seeking Trad Deer

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 05:45:00 PM »
Started putting up my ladders last night.  After two hours with one Cabellas Whitetail stand or something like that I was ready to pitch the stand.  The ratchet is junk and there is not a good spot on the platform to attach it.  I have another stand or two that is all welded steel with no screws that uses chains and turnbuckles.  It was made by a company called Deerstands USA.  Best darn thing I ever used.  Wensels used these stands.  Company went down when they got sued.  If anyone knows where I can buy good ladder stands of all american steel with no screws and bolts just welds please pm me.  :banghead:
The Lord is my Shepherd

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 06:15:00 PM »
Bob the only thing you have to watch out for with ladder stands is they may say 15' but that's to the seat. So where your standing is actually 12' or so if that matters. . I don't have any experiance with the Loggy Ladder Stands{I do own two of there portable climbers though].  I do use a couple of ladder stands up by my Buds house. If you set them up in a good spot and leave them there there is nothing like one.No muss no fuss, go in the dark, climb in, no noise.We set up a couple so your not constantly hunting the same one.

Offline ZaneD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 11:09:00 PM »
i have two of them, no noise and i bolted a piece of plywood about twice the size of the platform to the platform and i put a strap on the back end of the plywood to give it extra support. i can post a pic if you want.

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 11:55:00 PM »
Atatlzoom, I like your plywood idea. the small platform is the only thing I did not like about the brush ladder.  I need to do that to my stand.

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 07:37:00 AM »
Seeking Trad Deer: take a look at the Millenium stands, I think they're made in Pearl, Mississipi---very sturdy and comfortable, very solid on the tree

i'll update with more details when i get back to the store
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Offline Srogers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 07:52:00 AM »
I just put up the Lone Wolf Omega ladder stand and it has the biggest ladder stand platform I have ever seen.  Very solid, very easy to assemble, too heavy to carry very far at 70lbs.  A little rough on the bank account.  Looks like it will be one of the most comfortable stands I have to shoot a trad bow from.

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »
I've used numerous ladder stands, climbers and fixed stands.  Its the compact size (without LW's $$$$$$$$) that interested me in it.  5 ladder sections at 36" is carried on my back easily.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©