3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who wants to test drive the Zipstick prototype?  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who wants to test drive the Zipstick prototype?
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2012, 06:32:00 PM »
OK rastaman is next; address please.

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »
Thank you Will. You just saved me some headaches.  :notworthy:  

Thank you Bjorn.I'm glad it is working for you.It is obviously a very different animal but so far I think it is working pretty well.Would you say it compares well with your go to bow?

I need to get some carbon in this bugger and see what she does then.I am anxious to get back to this project but other obligations keep coming up.  I have a few minor changes I want to make but nothing major to this one. I still have to get the longer versions sorted out.

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »
Hey Bjorn!  i pm'ed you my mailing address.  Thanks!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2012, 11:21:00 PM »
Be in the mail tmrw Randy!

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2012, 07:16:00 AM »
Did the Zipstick make it yet, Randy?
Bill

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2012, 07:34:00 AM »
Hey Bill!  i got the bow and it's been crazy since.  i've been able to have one shooting session with it so far.  What a little pocket rocket! i love the grip!  Hopefully i will be able to put it thru its paces this evening. It compares very favorably to all of my other "high performance" bows.  i think you have a winner here!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Randy Keene

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2012, 07:39:00 AM »
No hurry Randy. I was just curious if it made it yet. I just had two boxes of broadheads arrive damaged. I guess I’m a little gun shy. That’s all.

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »
The box was pretty banged up when i got it. I will probably ship it in PVC.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Randy Keene

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2012, 01:21:00 PM »
That might be pricey.I’ll bet it would take and 8 inch piece of pvc to get that bow in it. LOTS O’ REFLEX!!  :D  
Bill

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2012, 05:00:00 PM »
My go to bow is 64" so 58" a little different; but the  arrows found their mark at 25+ yds. I happened to have some 60/65 cedars that were spot on. I was pleasantly surprised. Good little bow-but I'd probably want a longer one-just my preference.

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2012, 07:55:00 PM »
Send it to me and I'll shoot it a week and send it to everyone within 50 miles of me and who cares about the list order. Gotta save on that shipping. LOL
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2012, 04:49:00 PM »
Any new reports? I get ya Don!   :D
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2012, 09:54:00 PM »
Bill has a keeper in my opinion! I will be shipping it out Monday or Tuesday!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Randy Keene

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2012, 06:27:00 PM »
Bow has shipped out.  i ended up shipping in 6 inch pvc so hopefully it is bombproof heading to Glenn (Igor) in Minnesota.  Glenn, you may not want to ship it out in the pipe.  Just keep it if you don't! You will love the bow!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Randy Keene

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
This is fun following the reports.  I am down a ways on the list so keep the reports coming!   :campfire:

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2012, 12:11:00 AM »
:campfire:
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline Igor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »
Rasta

Wow what a bomb proof shipping container....saw the freight on it!   :^)

Bow was here when I arrived from work....quick had dinner and ran about 30 arrows through it.

I'm impressed so far ....loved the grip and it is feather light (absolutely the least amount of shock I've experienced in a short bow).

Started out with some 65# spined fir and they all stayed left on me so I brought out some 2018(s) at 29.25" with 175 grains and thought they were might be to stiff (they were readily available and I'd have to fletch some 2016(s)) - much to my surprise (over 12 grains) that dialed them in at 18yds for me and I was loving it.

I'll shoot a bunch this weekend - experiment with other arrow weights etc and take some pic(s). Sorry don't have a Chrono :^(

><>

Glenn
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding In all your ways submit to him and he will direct your paths

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2012, 02:44:00 PM »
Glenn, thanks for the update. I hope the rest of your testing/shooting goes as well.  Can't wait to hear what everone on the list has to say. Nice to get a well rounded group of shooters to chime in.  :D    :thumbsup:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline LoweBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2012, 09:24:00 AM »
I shot a 56" version of this bow at KY Tradfest yesterday.  Bill had a 40# bow shooting 10 gpi at 180+ fps.  

TJ and I shot a round w/ Bill they proceeded to play w/ the bow some and I had sat back as I have a 30-1/2" draw and don't much like short bows.
After a few adult beverages and the bow staring at me from the truck bed I picked it up and said "what ya think Bill"...he shrugged and said  "go ahead" so we headed to the practice range.

I watched a few other Zipper owners fondle and shoot the bow prior to me finally grabbing it.  I half heartedly drew it a few times and finnally brought it back to anchor...when I hit anchor I looked at bill and he was staring at me like..."here we gooooooooo"  LOL.  My 1st three shots were kinda aprehensive as I was shooting his (or should I say Tracy's) light arrows thru it...W/ my 33" CX 150's w/ 200 up front they flew like darts and the bow performed awesome!  The bow is super smooth...I'd have no problem hunting w/ that bow.  No stack at all.  I don't think Bill would reccomend a guy w/ my draw shooting this short of a bow, but a 60" would be awesome!  As some of you remember I wasn't crazy about the grip on the proto Nitro I hunted w/ last year....That is not my perception of this bow..by far!  Unbelievable grip!  Full throat, full heal, comfortable, no torque...
This bow will be a big seller for Bill when he starts spitting them out...it's crazy!  You guys are gonna be impressed!!
Backwater Bowfishing Pro Staff.
MossyOak Pro Staff.
They can have my bow when it's pried from my cold dead fingers.

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2012, 11:01:00 PM »
Was granted the honor today, at the KY Tradfest, to run some arrows thru Bill's personal Zipstick.

Zipper's following has been steadliy grow and deservingly acquired. Bill's new Zipstick may in fact be his greatest development.

Her attributes were most impressive. I could easily continue on and on however my experience with her would still be subjective.

The Zipstick warrants serious consideration.

Great work Bill.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©