3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shrewhaven trivia question?  (Read 2533 times)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shrewhaven trivia question?
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 04:04:00 PM »
Bowhunting, friends and good whisky reminds me of a story. Some years back I went on a hunt with Jay Massey down the Moose John. Jay always had the bush plane drop you off at a point where you had to pack in about 9 miles, it was kinda like earning your right to hunt. Anyway a 60lb pack over uneven terrain is hard on a man that isn't use to it.

At about the 3/4 point from drop off to base camp I was getting tired and might have said something to that effect. Jay said to me, "Ron, if you want, I'll help you with your load". To which I replied, "No thanks Jay, this pack ain't that heavy." Then Jay said, "Oh I wasn't gonna carry the whole pack, just that Texas 5th you've got on top for a drink or two at the fire tonight."    :D
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »
"I thought for sure you were gonna say that the new guy mixed a great bourbon with coke or fruit juice!"

Ooops. I thought that bourbon was for mixed drinks. For straight drinking I like Scotch.  :p
Ok, I know it's coming...  :knothead:  Hahaw! Beat you to it!!  :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

"Ray stops in Norway and gets a huge jug of the sweetest welll water available."

I am still nursing a jug of spring water from my camp. I drink it a cup at a time, and savor the taste of freedom that comes gushing out of my beloved mountains. Liquor is great stuff, but there's something very special and magical about water. It is the strongest connecting spirit that keeps us all linked within the Circle.

Killdeer  :archer:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 09:51:00 AM »
"I am still nursing a jug of spring water from my camp. I drink it a cup at a time, and savor the taste of freedom that comes gushing out of my beloved mountains. Liquor is great stuff, but there's something very special and magical about water. It is the strongest connecting spirit that keeps us all linked within the Circle."

Killy, I agree,it brings a different meaning to the phrase "there's something in the water".
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 11:07:00 PM »
Giardia?

(Not in THIS spring!)
Killdeer  :archer:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©