3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow Warranty  (Read 352 times)

Offline CurlyMcFletch

• Trad Bowhunter
Bow Warranty
« on: February 29, 2012, 05:02:00 PM »
I was doin' some searching and found that Bearpaw in Germany is offering a lifetime warranty on their bows...who else does that?? I s there any North American bowyer that offers that?? Holy moly!!   :clapper:

Offline R. Graddy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Warranty
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 05:17:00 PM »
Might be a few that offer that.  Make sure you buy from a established bowyer.  Probably one that offers no less than 2 yrs.

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 06:02:00 PM »
Tomahawk bows have a limited lifetime warranty. After so many years you pay a fee depending on how old your bow is and they send you a brand new one, if yours is not reparrable.
James Kerr

Offline CurlyMcFletch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 06:12:00 PM »
Limited lifetime warranty means you still pay something...it is a play on words...it should be a limited warranty only then...smoke and mirrors!!

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 06:18:00 PM »
When it comes to any warranty, you always have to read the......very small and even smaller fine print.      :D
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 06:19:00 PM »
I just read that Cascade has a lifetime warranty on the night hawk riser, and that new longbow from Alaskan Bowhunting supply I believe has a lifetime warranty as well
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 06:32:00 PM »
Warranties are a marketing gimmick, IMO anyway. I'd rather know who I'm dealing with than rely on a piece of paper. I don't even know if my bows have warranties.

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »
Kegan McCabe, Omega Longbows, offers a lifetime warranty, no fee, no gimmicks. Hes an up an coming young bowyer, 100% American out of PA. Stand up fella, my Longbow will be here tommorow   :bigsmyl:  

Check him out excellent feller!
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 07:05:00 PM »
Keith Chastain also has a limited lifetime warranty.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »
I gave up on warranties back in 1995 when I bought a new F-150.  Biggest lemon I ever purchased, and they weaseled their way out of most everything that went wrong.

Now I research the heck out of something before I buy it.  I like to think I spend my money wisely on the best product available at the time.  If there is a problem with the product, a good reputable company will stand behind it unconditionally, within reason.  Now, if I did something stupid, I could not expect the manufacturer to have to fix MY mistake.

I'm still of the old mindset that a man's word and a handshake are all you need.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »
Why would anyone write a check that they can't cover?
My warranty. I buy back in full, replace with new , or fix. Which ever is applicable. I don't want any unhappy customers.
I make the offer when the bow is bought. If you do not like it and say you are returning it the first week after you get it , I will refund your money in full minus the shipping , I do that unless it is a super custom or a bow that you had special built to the point that it will be unsellable or very hard to sell.

If there is a legitimate bowyer fault or materials fault then it gets fixxed or replaced or money back./
That beats someone saying that they give you a lifetime warranty and then quitting the bow business in 2 years and never honoring it.

God bless you, Steve

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 07:20:00 PM »
Lifetime Warranty??? I agree with Steve, it should be the Life of the Bowyer...
  :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:

Offline acadian archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »
If the company has been in business and is likely to continue then a lifetime warranty may be good.
44# Chek mate Hunter II

"shoot what you like, like what you shoot"

Offline Al Dean

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »
I don't know what warranty per-say you expect on something you use up.  If you have shot 50,000-60,000 arrows through a bow, what warranty are you due if it fails at some point after that.  If you use it nothing last forever.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline eflanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 09:21:00 PM »
A warranty is only as good as the company and the company personnel standing behind it.  With that being said, my company offers a simple "No-hassle warranty" that openly states that we will make whatever is wrong, right with you.  I think most reputable companies will do this without even printing or saying it.  I also find that this quality of customer service is pretty commonplace in the archery industry.  

However in other industries... I once had a tent that the zipper broke.  I really liked that tent and it bothered me that I might have to replace it.  This tent style hadn't been made for several years when I contacted the maker about getting it repaired.  I expected to pay for the repairs but they took care of it for free, no hassles, no shipping cost or anything!  Strangely enough about a monnth later a friend of mine had the exact same tent and the exact same zipper broke as well on his.  When he contacted the company, the person he spoke to "wouldn't give him the time of day".  Same company, same problem just a different person handling the same situation.  

So I agree with the others that a warranty, whether implied or in writing is only as good as the individual person supporting it.

Offline Pete W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »
Seems that a company that has been in business for 25 years, offering a warranty that extends to second and third hand owners for 30 years is pretty good.  I just can not see any negative in it.
Share your knowledge and ideas.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 12:25:00 AM »
Lots of businesses have gone out of business due to lifetime warranties on their products. Many companies have all but given up on providing warranties or have them written to be useless due to dishonest customers.

No product lasts forever.  All bows will eventually fail.  The question is in a year, 10 years, or 100 years.  Any system that goes thru the number of cycles and vibration levels that a bow does will eventually fail.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline markus2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 07:57:00 AM »
here are the terms for the warranty online (on the homepage of bodnik bows):

http://www.bearpaw-blog.com/?page_id=730

Offline CurlyMcFletch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 08:53:00 AM »
It doesn't get any better than that   :thumbsup:

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 09:26:00 AM »
I have found that most archery suppliers will bend over backwards to make the customer happy. I have only had one bow problem over the years with a limb seperating, The bow in question was out of waranty (not being the original owner) but after a little negotation it was replaced anyway. I think the archery community as a whole are a little more stand-up than the average business.

James
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©