3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow Warranty  (Read 351 times)

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Warranty
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 01:19:00 PM »
I agree with "elflanders". Any written warranty will have so many clauses that the warranty still depends on the manufacturer's integrity.

I expect reasonable customer satisfaction that's fair. Everyone I deal with will do that. Lifetime unlimited warranties mean that the price has been inflated to the point the manufacturer can afford to gave some away.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline jon_j

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »
I've had really good, even surprising results, and some really bad problems with warranties.  The person or company makes all the difference and the small print is sometimes the killer.

Offline calgarychef

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
Jerry Halley of lynx creek bows in Alberta offers a lifetime of the bowyer warranty.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 12:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by calgarychef:
Jerry Halley of lynx creek bows in Alberta offers a lifetime of the bowyer warranty.
That is as good a warranty as is possible. It would be even more reasonable if he offered the warranty as long as he is physicaly able to honor it. It might not make one feel as good as saying a 100 percent 100 year warranty but it would be much more factual.

God bless you all, Steve

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 01:07:00 PM »
My Jaguar had a way better warranty than my Honda does.

Offline adamgti

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 01:11:00 PM »
When I think of warranty I think about wheel guys vs trad guys. Now there is a cut and dry difference between bow companies there. I personally think every customer matters to each bowyer and a trad guy cares about the bowyer as well. I don't think this translates 100% over to wheel guys. Trad isn't "big business" and I'm so glad the personal side and connection between the person who makes the bows and myself exist.

It's clear that traditional guys just down right care about the products, lifestyle, and each other.
Quartermoon 62" r/d longbow 53# @ 29"

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 01:19:00 PM »
I agree with you Pete W completely.

Saying something negative to a good intended  warranty is just wrong. And this is coming from a person who's glass IS half empty  :)
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jhg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2012, 02:48:00 PM »
Its my understanding any reputable bowyer will stand behind their work.

Its unrealistic to expect a small shop to offer a warranty that goes beyond what is fair and reasonable. The goal is to give them our business and not put them out of business, so expecting more than that is unrealistic and puts undue economic pressure on them.
I would never ask a bowyer to replace a bow that I had shot thousands of times or owned for years unless it was clearly his fault at its failure.

A lifetime of the bowyer warranty is above and beyond IMO, not to say anything about one that goes into generational time spans.

Joshua
Learn, practice and pass on "leave no trace" ethics, no matter where you hunt.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »
Its really nice to be an adult and to rationally talk about something like this without personal attacks.

Joe , I have the glass so full its overflowing Bro. Really do. When I posted what I have posted it was simply addressing the warranty. Not the bowyer, Not the bow. I don't even know them and sure would never say anything negative about them.

My contention is simply this. No one can give a warranty or guarantee that will outlast them or even possibly their company. So why bother ? Why the hoopla and carrying on about something that is window dressing. This is not meant in any way to reflect on the intention, which may be 100 % righteous. I am only impugning the warranty effectiveness in reality. It is an unrealistic thing to warranty anything which may be beyond our control. In fact the way the world is going the company and the country and the government may not even exist in its present form in 30 years.
How valid would that thirty year warranty be and of what value is it then?

God bless you all, Steve

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2012, 06:34:00 PM »
steve, im sorry for the confusion. my comment about the glass half empty was directed at me....im the guy with the glass half empty.....at least that is my normal thinking process and yet i believe the intent of the warranty is in good faith. im good with it.
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2012, 02:38:00 AM »
Gentlemen, I have no doubt that the intent of the warranty is good.

Joe, Thanks and sorry for the confusion. Jesus loves you and that knowledge and reminder will keep our glasses full bro.

God bless you all, Steve  :campfire:

Offline wckid2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2012, 08:54:00 AM »
The one that the bowyer upholds if you have a problem. Ive only ever had one bow that was bad. Didnt work out very well.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©