3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: grooves in my glove  (Read 218 times)

Offline giff

• Trad Bowhunter
grooves in my glove
« on: March 01, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »
Ive been using a dura glove for a little over a year now, and i really like it, but I am starting to get grooves on the fingers giving me a bad release. I am wondering if there is anything i can do to get rid of these grooves, or if not can anyone recommend a glove that will not do this?

Offline giff

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: grooves in my glove
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 04:53:00 PM »
forgot to mention that Ive already tried tabs and don't like them

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 05:42:00 PM »
Just about any finger protection will groove over time.  Means it's time to get a new one.  Gloves that use latigo leather wear quite well, but not many of those around.  I've been using Big Shot gloves for a half-dozen years or so.  They are nylon faced over the leather.  Last quite well and are somewhat resistant to grooving.

Offline Ari

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 05:59:00 PM »
You might want to try a glove with inserts. I personally really like the cordovan glove with inserts that E.W. Bateman sells, the quality is great and unlike some other gloves I've tried the inserts stay stiff and stop any deep grooves from forming.

God Bless,
Ari

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 06:02:00 PM »
I'm the opposite of you. When I first took up bowhunting, I started with a glove and after a short period of time, the fingers on the glove started to get grooves. Switched to shooting tab and at first didn't care for it. Stuck with it and then loved the tab. I never went back to a glove and that was 47 years ago.

You may not like tabs, but my Bateman cordovan split finger tab has never developed grooves. This tab is three years old and it gets "lots" of shooting use.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »
I will vote for a cordovan glove as well. I now use tabs (Eichler Tab) but a glove like E.W. Bateman's will last for years.
James Kerr

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
I cut some scrap sections of tooling leather and glued them in the fingers of my Neet glove. It got rid of the grooves and now acts more like a tab, which I can't use. (a tab, that is....)

If you want a few scrap pieces PM me your address and I'll send enough to fix yours up.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 10:09:00 PM »
Howdy!  :wavey:   I have been through  3  of the Neet Traditional Gloves, and they Groove pretty Quick, I  Do Not  want a Full Sized Glove that covers my Palm  OR  the Back of My Sweaty Hand.   :rolleyes:  
 I see that "Howard Hill Archery" sells a Glove "Just Like Howard Used!" Any Feedback on these Gloves?? If they are any Good, the Price is More than Right!!  :thumbsup:    :goldtooth:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »
Shakes,
The HH glove is a good one. It's been awhile since I had one but it was really good.

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 10:18:00 PM »
Thanks a Lot Bishop!!  :thumbsup:   I will Order One and Report Back!  :goldtooth:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 12:18:00 AM »
HH Deluxe for me. Hap

Offline WoodsyDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »
I'm like Night Wing, I used gloves for many years replacing them often. I started shooting a tab and didn't like it at first so I bought a glove again. But, I lost the glove and had to use the tab for a period of time and it works great for me. I get a much better and more consistent release using it.  

I guess with the glove I sometimes held more string pressure with my index or middle finger (different at different times) causing variations to my string release and affecting the flight of the arrow. My more consistent tab releases give me tighter groups and cuts down on arrent fly-off arrows that hit the target a few inches away from the group due to bad release.

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »
I used to shoot the Dura glove because Iliked the feel of the string. I always got them two at a time because not only do they groove but they streach from the hot weather. I now use either a Black Widow tab or the American Leathers Elk skin glove. If you want to get an arrow on the string and shoot quick then a glove is the way to go.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©