3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: American made hunting/hiking boot  (Read 718 times)

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: American made hunting/hiking boot
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »
I bought some 9" Compostite Toe, Waterproof Carhartt Boots that are as light as my Ankle High hikers! Love 'Em!!
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline 3Under

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 06:17:00 PM »
I  bought a pair of Russel boots (made in Wisconsin) about 12 years ago. I use them only for hunting.I got the High Country sheep hunter version. I have hard feet to buy good fitting shoes/boots for (size 11 C-width at the ball of the foot and and A-size heel). Best boots I've ever had!!
They have a measuring matrix you fill out for each foot. The price was $285 back then. They are probably more expensive now.  I wore them  in a 10 day elk hunt in the Colorado high Country. Never got any blisters. I take good care of them-they look almost new! "Waterproof"  :archer:    :biglaugh:
PBS,KTBA,HCB,UBK

...  When thru the forest glades I wander and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees, when I look down from lofty mountain grandeur and hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze, ...How great Thou art!

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 06:43:00 PM »
This is what I wear: Light, USA made and now under $30. Best swamp and mountain hunting boot around for weather over 40 degrees.

http://www.galaxyarmynavy.com/item-5080.asp
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 12:04:00 AM »
I've been a Hi-Tech fan for years because they were real comfortable right out of the box and real cost effective. the last couple years i haven't got 6 months use out of them before replacing them.

i finally sprung for some Red Wing Irish setters and i wish i'd have done this years ago. they are a bit heavier than the hi-techs, but man these are some nice boots for every day working and hunting.

Offline imhntn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 12:21:00 AM »
I like the Danners for fit and comfort but the goretex liners seem to last me 2 years at the most and then the boots start leaking and I get wet feet. I usually buy a new pair every couple years.
2 Timothy 2:2

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 09:18:00 AM »
Thanks for the response fella's! I've been wearing the same merrell's for...probably over four years. They are comfortable and have lasted very well but I'm just not a huge fan of gortex. Winter time maybe but summertime...no! It is hard to find good hiking boot's without gortex. Really like the look of the lowa's but can't find them without a gortex liner. Thanks for all the help. Still looking!

Jason

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 12:20:00 PM »
Thanks Mike!

Jason

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2012, 01:01:00 PM »
Not to mention the 10% dividend if you're member!

Offline Shane C

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2012, 08:46:00 PM »
Schnee's here in Bozeman makes awesome boots. Definitely going to be a little pricier though.
Wes Wallace Mentor 60" 64@31
Wes Wallace Mentor 64" 50@28
Brush Creek Bows 3-piece longbow 64" 48@28

PBS associate

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2012, 08:39:00 AM »
+1 Lowa

The Renegades now include a model with a glove leather lining  which is extremely comfortable and has no Gore Tex. I've got the low version (basically a shoe) that I wear to the office.
The models are designated LL (leather lined) rather than GTX.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©