3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thanks Marty- Hoyt Huntmaster Rebuilt  (Read 262 times)

Offline TURKEYFOOTGIRL

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks Marty- Hoyt Huntmaster Rebuilt
« on: March 04, 2012, 08:08:00 PM »
As a twentieth birthday present to my first recurve I decided to refinish my hoyt huntmaster named "old faithful".  I took the limbs off and started sanding the old finish down one Saturday in January.  After about a half hour of sanding I got the hairbrained idea that maybe "old faithful" needed a custom set of limbs to go along with the refinish job.  As I don't know a thing about building limbs I decided to call Marty Zufelt of Zbowsticks and see if he was interested in trying to build a set of limbs for me.  He happened to be in his shop that day glueing up a longbow and told me to head on over.  We took a look at his limb design and the angle on his risers and thought there was a good chance to make a set of limbs work for my riser.  I told him what I was lookin for in poundage and left the bow with him to see what he could do.
  It wasnt even a week later and he called and told me he had a set of limbs built and fit on my bow.  I went over to his shop and got to shoot the bow and make sure it was what I wanted before he finished the limbs.  It was awesome and shot an arrow much harder than the old stock limbs.  He than reshaped the handle slightly and got the grip just how I wanted it after all these years. Without even asking he had finished sanding down my bow and had all the finish 100% removed.  I left again and he went about staining the riser and limb fadeouts.  He called about 2 days later and told me my bow was ready to be picked up.
  I couldnt be happier with the "new" old bow. I have already put more arrows thru it than I have in the past 5 years.  
  Thanks Marty, without your help I would probaly still have the bow sittin in the garage half refinished. Great job!

"Life's too short for ugly bows n arrows" Chris B

Offline blaster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thanks Marty- Hoyt Huntmaster Rebuilt
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 07:39:00 PM »
Nice restoration. Happy birthday old faithful!! See ya soon!!

Offline JV Rooster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »
Very nice.
>>>------John------>

Offline Uncle Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 08:20:00 PM »
I just "retired" one of these after 20 some years
It was also a gerat shooter I modified the shelf a little but the grip was perfect for me. 3" groups at 15 yards with my cedars as long as I did my part. I hope you enjoy it for another 20 years

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©