3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: tab recommendation  (Read 502 times)

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: tab recommendation
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 05:11:00 PM »
At EFA we have been developing our version of what a tab should be. We make them with a palm pad, thin leather backing, and with an O-ring. We have been selling them for a couple of years but have not promoted them. Right now we only offer them in a large size. We make them using cordovan or calfhair, and either split fingers or 3 under. The cordovan will last a very long time wheras the calfhair is very slick but will wear out after just a few weeks of shooting.

Offline PowDuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 05:17:00 PM »
I'm using one of Scott's right now and like it.

Tried a Cavalier. Great tab. I just couldn't get used to the big chunk of aluminum in my hand. Fine for shooting but a pain when pulling arrows, reaching for something in your pocket, etc.
Romans 8:28

Offline daniel boon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 05:38:00 PM »
Bateman Cordovan with a spacer. I get mine from 3rivers, you can ask them for a thick or thin ones.Great service. Have had the same one for about 3years, and still perfect, probably looze it before it wears out   :thumbsup:

Offline Sirius Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 06:08:00 PM »
Bateman 3 under tab.
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 06:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by FerretWYO:
Check out Scott Teschner in the sponser classifieds. He makes some good ones.
X3!

Offline bofish-IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 06:46:00 PM »
Saunders  Mono Tab Single

Super-Slick for a Super-Smooth Release. Its durable and not affected by moisture

$2.95 but you have to order enough to make the order over $20.00

I have used them for bowhunting and bowfishing for 20 years. Water doesn't effect them. You never wear one out, I just lose them because if you drop them in leaves they blend right in.
PBS  Member

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 07:04:00 PM »
I'm a Cavilier fan as well. I round the top corner of the leather as was described above. I put a thin piece of thin neoprene over the metal part to keep from banging metal on riser woods.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »
I have been shooting Bateman tabs for years now, and I recently got a couple of new tabs from Scott Teaschner. The Bateman tabs are great, but Scott's are every bit as good in their quality and performance, and he builds them with a snap closure loop for fitting different sizes of O-rings. And if you prefer to use a different attachment for your finger, a cord or leather loop (perhaps with an adjustable length) can replace the O-ring. The tabs Scott made for me (at my request) have liners, like the Bateman tabs I am used to shooting. I have an arm guard, a knife sheath and some leather treatment products from Scott also, and everything he supplies is absolutely top-notch.

I wanted to add that I have never used the EFA tabs, but I have several of Don's bow quivers. Don is also a guy who provides top-quality products, so I expect the same from his tabs.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
:thumbsup:     :thumbsup:   For Scott's tabs
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2012, 08:26:00 PM »
I have been shooting Fred Eichler's tab for about a year now and it is a great tab.
James Kerr

Offline moththerlode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2012, 12:04:00 AM »
I asked This same question a while back .. Plowed through a few and landed on a Angel Tab that was one suggested .. It was the catsmeow for  me , need to order a spare
God,Country and Family ..Semper Fi

Valley Springs Ca.

Offline elknutz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2012, 01:17:00 AM »
Well I've been wanting to try something different so I just ordered a EFA 3 under cordovan.
"There is no excellence in archery without great labor" - Maurice Thompson
"I avoid anything that make my dogs gag" - Dusty Nethery

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2012, 08:52:00 AM »
I just got an eichler tab and liked it enough i ordered a second.  I have a large black widow split finger if someone wants to try it. I didn't care for it.

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2012, 08:58:00 AM »
I'm liking the Fred Eichler tab pretty good. Been using it little over a yr. now.

Offline PowDuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2012, 12:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by Biathlonman:
I have a large black widow split finger if someone wants to try it. I didn't care for it.
I'd love to try it, B-man. Split finger RIGHT hand, I assume?
My cousin, ArkyBob, just got one but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. He loves it.
Romans 8:28

Offline Kentucky Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2012, 08:46:00 AM »
Tabs and gloves are all a matter of individual preference.  Its unlikely you'll end up where you started as you search for that elusive "just right" solution.

I didn't start with a Bateman tab when I bought my first tab but that's where I ended up and judging by the reponses here a lot of other people did as well.  

So just playing the percentages I'd tell you to buy a Bateman Cordovan tab with a spacer and go from there.

I've shot Bateman, Cavalier, Black Widow and a few others.  I liked the Bateman the best.

But I went over to gloves and have been using a American Leathers Buffalo Big Shot since last year and don't see myself going back to a tab.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »
Been using Bateman cordovan with finger spreader for years. Great tab at a good price. Usually purchase mine from vendors at 3-d shoots, but Mike at the "Nocking Point" is hard to beat for fast service. I always keep one extra tab in my possibles bag. Never wear them out, but have been known to lose one every now and then.

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2012, 04:15:00 PM »
Alot of nice tabs out thier.Its a personell choice on what someone will like the best.

I have come to prefer the Cavalier Elite cordovan.It has a alot of features I have come to appreciate.

Looks like A&H archery is offering a few nice tabs on thier website as well that have not been mentioned yet.

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »
Bateman are hard to beat.

Offline JDunlap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2012, 11:00:00 PM »
I have been using the BW split finger leather for quite awhile now; I have really liked it but I am always willing to try something different in hopes it will improve my release. May have to try the Bateman or Scott's.
Sandy Biles Scorpion TD RC; 54@28
RER XR Static Tip RC; 50@28
JC Optimus riser/Uukha EX1EVO2 [email protected]

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©