3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rod Jenkins Clinic @ 2012 Ky Tradfest  (Read 268 times)

Offline Junglecat

• Trad Bowhunter
Rod Jenkins Clinic @ 2012 Ky Tradfest
« on: March 06, 2012, 12:57:00 PM »
Anyone wishing to participate in a bow shooting class taught by Rod Jenkins to be held in conjunction with the Ky Tradfest send me a pm.Cost would be $225 per person.An advance deposit of $100.00 would need to be paid now since the Tradfest is less than a month away.Remaining balance of $125 to be paid the first day of class.Twelve people only.The Tradfest will be held on Friday March 30th,Saturday March 31st,and Sunday April 1st 2012 near Harrodsburg Ky at the Mercer County Fish and Game Club.The class will be held on the Saturday-Sunday dates (March 31st and April 1st) and will probably run from 9 am till 2 pm each day so that class participants can take part in other ongoing Tradfest activities.Rod gave this class last year and it filled up.Participants taking part in the class will be allowed to shoot the 3-D course for free.The host club is throwing this in for those paying to take the class.It is a $25 value.Signups are needed in order for this class to take place.I have already received some deposits but have spots available.In order to nail down your spot for the clinic I need the deposit in hand.
Bear Grizzly 58"        38 lbs@29"
Black Widow PCH III 60" 44 lb@29"
Black Widow PLX 62"     45 lb@28"
Kentuckian Flatbow  60" 55 lb@28"

Offline Junglecat

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rod Jenkins Clinic @ 2012 Ky Tradfest
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 12:23:00 PM »
Still have spots available for Rods class.Deposits from those that committed are now due.Some have come in but not all.We need so many in hand for the class to happen.Thanks.

Offline Kentucky Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
C'mon KY Tradgangers.  Don't be one of those guys that spends thousands on bows and arrows and not a dime on learning how to shoot the darn thing.  Get off your butt and make a small investment to improve your skills.  Like any education it will pay off for the rest of your life!

I'll be there!

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 03:30:00 PM »
It's well worth the time and money.  You'll learn more in a couple of days than you could learn on your own in years.

No magic bullets, no smoke and mirrors--just good, solid, easy to follow information.  You get the tools, it's up to you to use them.

Offline jlnft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »
I took the class last year. It was well worth the time and money!

If I could make make it on Sunday, I'd take it again, just for the fun of it!

Joe
God is good all the time, all the time God is good!!

Offline Junglecat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 10:07:00 AM »
Originally posted by jlnft:
I took the class last year. It was well worth the time and money!

If I could make make it on Sunday, I'd take it again, just for the fun of it!

Joe
Hi Joe,
I think everyone that took Rods class last year feels the same way.He definitely gives you the knowledge and tools to improve your shooting.His class can also help you to identify the problem when you do have a bad shot.Being in enough control to be able to let down on a shot that doesnt feel right is very important.Many people are not able to do that.Hope all is well with you.Great buck you took a while back as well.

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 11:47:00 AM »
I attended one of Rod's clinics last year....it is worth every penny!

Bisch

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 01:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kentucky Jeff:
C'mon KY Tradgangers.  Don't be one of those guys that spends thousands on bows and arrows and not a dime on learning how to shoot the darn thing.  Get off your butt and make a small investment to improve your skills.  Like any education it will pay off for the rest of your life!

I'll be there!
I would Jeff, but I just know Rod would have a field day with my floating anchor and make me the laughing stock of the tent.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 09:43:00 PM »
Ive held a bunch of clinics...saw several folks with pretty severe problems(heck Ive had most of them too!)but not a single "laughing stock", as most of us are pretty much in the same boat.
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline Junglecat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 10:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by SHOOTO8S:
Ive held a bunch of clinics...saw several folks with pretty severe problems(heck Ive had most of them too!)but not a single "laughing stock", as most of us are pretty much in the same boat.
I think 11 of 12 of us in the class last year had some sort of problem with our shooting.None of us understood about back tension.The only student without any issues was the new student that didnt even own a bow and was just learning to shoot.Heck I think he had only shot a couple times before the class.He was probably in better shape than most of us since he hadnt picked up any bad habits yet.I think he picked up so much and enjoyed it enough that he actually bought  a bow at the Tradfest during the weekend as I recall.
 If anyone needs help I would highly suggest you take Rods class as he doesnt get up to this area very often.Signups have been slow so far so we still have several spots available at this time so dont let this opportunity pass you by.It will be money well spent.

Offline Junglecat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
Spots are still available for Rods class.

Offline jlnft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 10:58:00 PM »
Hi David,

As a small incentive to sign up for the class. I'll offer a dozen Douglas Fir, tapered shaft wood arrows(Surewood Shafts). About a $100 value. Last year there was a Warf Bow(I think)given away as a prize to one of the class participants.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw in my two cents. I took the class last year and if I could be there all day on Sunday, I'd take it again. Anyone and everybody could benefit from Rod's class!

Although I'm not making arrows for anyone right now here's a link to some of my work:

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/JLnFT/

Thanks,
Joe

Offline Junglecat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 11:22:00 PM »
Joe that is a very nice gesture on your part.I remember participants in the class last year looking and commenting on some of the arrows you had with you then.Thanks so much for the prize to be given away to one of those that sign up.There are still spots available.

Offline Junglecat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 04:06:00 PM »
Back up again for anyone interested in Rods class at the Ky Tradfest.

Offline Junglecat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »
Spots still available for Rods class.Get a couple days of professional instruction from Rod.All class participants get to shoot the 3D course at no extra charge and one class participant will win one dozen custom made Douglas fir tapered arrows.Pm if interested.It will be money and time well spent in improving your shooting.I took the class last year and you will have fun as well as learn a lot.The one on one instruction with Rod is very helpful and you actually learn a lot by just watching him work with the other class participants as well.

Offline Junglecat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 04:44:00 PM »
Back up for Rods class in case anyone is interested.If so pm me.

Offline jlnft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 06:20:00 PM »
Here's a couple pictures of the arrows. I just finished them last night. These go to one of the participants in Rod's class.

They're 55#-60# Tapered Shaft, Douglas Fir(Surewoods) arrows. I tapered them for points, at full length. Cresting is Burgundy, Gray, and White. Dipped bright White.

Thanks,
Joe

Offline randy grider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 08:49:00 PM »
Some lucky stiff has a 1 in 12 chance of winning a doz arrows that probably would cost close to the price of the class. Good luck !
its me, against me.
member KTBA,MCFGC,UBK,NRA

Offline randy grider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 08:54:00 PM »
One other thing to ad, someone on another forum was disintrested in Rod's class  because they "did not want to learn to gap shoot", I just wanted everyone to understand that even though Rod is a gap shooter, he does not even get into aiming techniques, unless asked. His class concentrates on basic archery form, and he works with each student on that while blank bale shooting. He is not concerned with anyones aiming techniques, or 3 under/split finger, etc.
Dont let this be a detterent.
its me, against me.
member KTBA,MCFGC,UBK,NRA

Offline Junglecat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by randy grider:
One other thing to ad, someone on another forum was disintrested in Rod's class  because they "did not want to learn to gap shoot", I just wanted everyone to understand that even though Rod is a gap shooter, he does not even get into aiming techniques, unless asked. His class concentrates on basic archery form, and he works with each student on that while blank bale shooting. He is not concerned with anyones aiming techniques, or 3 under/split finger, etc.
Dont let this be a detterent.
Randy is correct.This class is more about learning correct form and performing a correct shot sequence.Its also about maintaining back tension and being in control of your shot.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©