3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Carbon Express Predator II  (Read 245 times)

Offline machinist

• Trad Bowhunter
Carbon Express Predator II
« on: March 06, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »
Hi folks, just wanted to get some opinions on the carbon express predator II if any of you guys have used them. I usually shoot the Heritage but my local archery store caters to mostly compound shooters. The only thing they had in the spine that I was looking for was the predator II in a 6075. The arrows were cheap enough at $4.85 each including tax, I bought one just to give it a try before I invested in a dozen. I bare shafted the 30.5” arrow with 145gn field tip with my Black Widow 58” PSA 49# @28”. I draw 29-29.5” . I am very impressed with this arrow, it is bare shafting like a dart, perfect flight. I think I am going to get a half dozen fletch them up and see how they hold up.
Larry

Offline Patrick55

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Carbon Express Predator II
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »
Hello Larry,
The Predator 2 is a very good shaft. I have hands on experience of hundreds of dozens and had no problem with then at all. They are not as tough as the Heritage but they hold up very well. May be a bit light for hunting but should get the job done. The 6075 is 9.7 GPI where the Heritage 350 is 12 GPI. Good luck with them. I am sure they will serve you well.
Experience is a wonderful thing. It teaches to recognize a mistake when you do it again.

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 02:43:00 PM »
A little lightweight for a BW bow.....
you shoot at least 53#@your draw. You shoot roughly 9 grains/lbs with this setup.
I would put some rope behind the insert for the first 1/3 of the shaft....

Offline machinist

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 06:08:00 PM »
I shoot pred II's in the 3050 spine out of both my Hill (52@29) and my Kohannah (50@28). They are sweetest out of the Kohannah. I have them with 175grn up front so they finish out at around 475 grains, about 9.5 gpp. Can't ask for better flight. If you foot them with a bit of aluminum up front they are extremely durable.
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »
We carry the Predator II's in both finished arrows and shafting.  You can review them here at the link below, lots of good info on the arrows and shafts whether you buy from us or not you may find it helpful.     :D  

Link: Carbon Arrows and Shafts at Braveheart Archery

The arrows pictured are the "old" style, priced at $47.99 a half dozen.  We are days away from switching to our "new" style, the Generation II's, and we still have a dozen 60/75's as pictured, the originals, so I'd give you free shipping on them just to help us transition to the new ones.  We have the Generation II's as well, for $59.99 a half dozen (plus shipping) you get True Flight feathers including a barred cock feather.

Just e-mail if interested:  

[email protected]

Hope this helps, Tim
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »
Tim's a great guy. I get my stuff from him and wholeheartedly recommend you do the same!
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Offline Reaper TN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 11:09:00 PM »
I've played around with the Predator II's in 3 different spines and they are an excellent arrow for the money. I shot some of the 4560's (.400 spine) until I went down in poundage. I was shooting some of the 2040's (.600 spine) out of my 45# recurve today and they shoot like darts.
TT Pinnacle II  45# 62"
Hoyt Excel  50# 64"

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 07:29:00 PM »
I just got a dozen shafts from Tim at braveheart, I am going to fletch them up and give them a try.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 11:13:00 PM »
Ive seen 3 different people purchase them, all three have had horror stories. Personally i would just spend a few more dollars, but maybe we just had a bad batch around here. Good luck in whatever you do!
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©