3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What are your FEAR'S when hunting  (Read 2118 times)

Offline NormanDale33

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What are your FEAR'S when hunting
« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2012, 12:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by emac396:
I am scared to death right now that my Dad may never hunt with me again. He is in a home and hating life right now. I go every day for a few hours and have since Dec 7th. I am having real doubts he will ever come home.
That would be tough, I love looking forward to getting back into the woods with my dad as well. My prayers go out to you.
Show me your ways, LORD,teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me,for you are God my Savior,and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalms 25:4-5

Offline PaddyMac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2012, 02:47:00 PM »
A note about fear...

One of the most important lessons I ever learned was when I was 6 or 7 and jumped off the high diving board at the pool. I was scared terrible, but I very quickly discovered that the fear is completely separate from what it is you're doing that scares you. (Plus, I was more scared of going back down the ladder.)
Pat McGann

Southwest Archery Scorpion longbow, 35#
Fleetwood Frontier longbow, 40#
Southwest Archery Scorpion, 45#
Bob Lee Exotic Stickbow, 51#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 47#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 55#
Howatt Palomar recurve (69"), 40#

"If you leave archery for one day, it will leave you for 10 days."  --Turkish proverb

Offline KrEn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2012, 07:52:00 AM »
I am never really scared of anything when hunting, though wolves and bears (and %"&£$@ snakes) have have had my hair stand up when hunting in the us.
The one thing that has had my heart pound heavy from real fear, and made me think "**** that could have been bad", is other hunters, and their irresponsible gun handling habits.

K
-You see something, just whack it"

Offline Jaypo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2012, 09:53:00 AM »
I see a lot of people commenting about carrying a sidearm while bowhunting.  I'm curious- is it legal in your states?  I live in Lousiana, and the only sidearm we can carry while bowhunting is a .22 with rat shot.  It's illegal to carry anything else.  I'd prefer to carry my .45, but I would be the lucky one to get nabbed by the WLF agent!  So is it legal to carry a larger sidearm in whatever state you guys hunt in?

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »
The 2nd Amendment is honored in Wyoming. Yes, we can carry while bowhunting. If I was hunting in griz country, a 44 would be on my hip.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©