3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: info on the safari tuff side quiver  (Read 334 times)

Offline mountain lion

• Trad Bowhunter
info on the safari tuff side quiver
« on: March 06, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »
just wanderin what your opinion was on the safari tuff side quiver. was either thinking about gettin one of them or gettin one of asbells side quivers. opinions please!
Wild Horse Creek  kestrel 60" 56#@28
Black Widow KB X 58" 51@28"
Black Widow PSA lll 60" 52@28"

" Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail " Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: info on the safari tuff side quiver
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 07:44:00 PM »
I like it. The arrows are right at your finger tips. They are easy to get out with minimal movement and easy to get back in. Your Fletching is covered. It is close to your body and will go through anything you can go through without hanging up. I also use mine to hold my two piece longbow when packing in or dragging out.

Here is mine on my pack and it has my bow inside. I used it on this elk hunt where we packed in for 11 days. It works great for me. I used to use a Cat Quiver but no longer. I am hooked on side quivers now.

TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline neargeezer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »
I like the Safari Tuff a little better than the Asbell. When in thicker brush & small pines with the Asbell I would turn and loosen the arrows in the rear gripper. Had a couple fall out, always found them, but hate the thought of just losing arrows.

Having the fletchings covered is a plus in many ways. Good luck.

Online mjh

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 08:22:00 PM »
Have pretty much always used some type of side quiver for hunting for close to 20 years. The safari tuff is by far the best of all I have used.   Still use a backquiver for 3D's and around the range but in the woods safari tuff gets it done the best!

Offline GMASIUK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 08:25:00 PM »
My Safari Tuff is the best quiver that I have ever used. I use mine for hunting, 3d, target and stump shooting.

I like it because I can put a bunch of different tipped arrows in it, I.e. judos, hex heads, broad heads, field tips. It also Keeps your fletching dry. And has a real nice storage pouch. And it stays tight to your body, no flopping around.

The GFA type quivers, all though very well made they always seem to hang up on brush for me.

Glen

Offline eflanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »
I chose the Elite side quiver by Palmer Bow Works as I prefer the hard tube that comes with the Elite.  This quiver protects my arrows and fletchings from everything except moths!  For $10 more, you get better protection than the Safari Tuff in my humble opinion.

Offline Rik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 10:56:00 PM »
For hard hunting, they will work best mounted to your pack, which makes the pack and quiver one unit. I slip the straps of mine through the lash-to straps on my shoulder straps, as shown in these photos.

Offline Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 11:22:00 PM »
I love mine ... easily the most versatile quiver made that carrys well , protects my fletching and ;ets me carry judo's and stumpers for a long day in the field .
The customer service is second to none from Rod and the build quality is such that I'll have no reservations about making it the only quiver I'd ever need if I had to choose just one for the rest of my life .
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 11:34:00 PM »
Looking forward to finding out myself...bought the one in Gil's picture.

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 11:54:00 PM »
Love mine! Only quiver i use these days.

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 12:06:00 AM »
Love mine! Total arrow protection with covered fletches and a pocket for some extras....perfect!

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 12:11:00 AM »
I've used mine 2 years in a row Elk hunting thru some pretty thick stuff,total arrow protection and real easy acess,light as a feather,Love it!
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline cleopatra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »
Rik, is that a hill bow in your hand? Where did you get the plaid shirt? Richard

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »
Love mine, as good as it gets!

>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 06:56:00 PM »
Best quiver I've ever used, bar none.  If you damage arrows while they are in this quiver, then most likely your hunt is over and you are on your way to a hospital.  

I've used mine in CO, NM, GA, SC, here in MS, etc.--I used it for hunting and tournaments.  I can tear up an anvil with a feather without even trying, and I haven't done any damage to my quiver or the arrows in it.

Rod is an avid hunter and has put a lot of thought into the design, along with input from other hunters.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 06:52:00 AM »
I have 3 Safari Tuffs.....what's not to  like?  Its the go to quiver for me when I'm not using a bow quiver.

Never used the Asbell....but if they made it, then there's a reason for it, a need for it, and it too would be well made.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 07:31:00 AM »
duh!  I wasn't aware that the Safari Tuff quivers could be used to carry broadheads.  Thanks for the info...I just ordered one from Rod.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Longbowwally

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 08:37:00 PM »
Great quiver! Until this quiver came out I used a bowquiver because I wasn't satisfied with any of the side quivers that were available. You won't be disappointed with the arrowmaster!
LONG LIVE THE LONGBOW!

Wally Holmes

Offline greenbear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 10:06:00 PM »
I too really like my 'Tuff.  When hunting it's easy to carry and very maneuverable.  I can slide it under my arm in tight quarters, easy to lay on the ground without fear of arrows getting gunked up, and I can hang it from any hook while on stand.  I do try to stabilize it when hanging, as the wind can take hold and cause it to swing- two hooks work, as does wedging it in the crook of a tree. It's also great for the 3D course, and hauling arrows to the club.

I do recommend getting the one with the pocket.  I keep a small file, new string, stringer, and identification in it- so I'm not without.

I do use carbon arrows, and they can get a little chatty in the quiver.  I've learned to carry a knit cap with me and it goes into the quiver with the arrows to take up a little volume and keep those arrows from clacking against each other.  

It is a bit pricey, but to be honest, I haven't even thought about spending the money on it until now.

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 04:50:00 PM »
I'm really looking forward to getting one.  How big is the pocket on one of these quivers?  And how much stuff will it hold?
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©