3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Need opinion on Kanati and Eagle Flight Quivers  (Read 424 times)

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Need opinion on Kanati and Eagle Flight Quivers
« on: March 08, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »
Looking to buy an angled strap on quiver for a Centaur and have narrow my choices down to these two quivers, but wants some feedback.

I did do searches on both and both had good reviews and I realize it will come down to what “I” want in the end, but here what I need to know:

1. For those who have tried both and you prefer to not shoot with a quiver on, as in tree stands, how is the removal and reinstallation? Does one stand out?

2.  While mounted on the bow how is the balance and weight?

3.  Anything that stood out good or bad that you could live with or without?

Thanks
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Online DWT

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need opinion on Kanati and Eagle Flight Quivers
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 06:58:00 PM »
get the eagles flight with totem and dont look back.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
Why?  Give me reason, does it angle back in?

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 07:36:00 PM »
ive had the kanati pro, and i currently have a kanati slim jim. neither one are angled. with the pro you can mount it in such a way that it is angled, not near as much as the angled quiver. if you shoot 3 blade broadheads, of course a foam hooded quiver would be right up your alley. kanati quivers or eagles flight is your choice. both sponsors produce a quality product, and care about customer satisfaction. that being said if you are a 2 blade broadhead shooter, john dill offers something that no other bow quiver manufacturer offers, the slim jim. it hold 3  broadheads  and a rider arrow of your choice.it sits flat on your lap. it doesnt weigh any more than a foam hood quiver, and just looks slick on a bowi beleive he offers all his quivers in several variations and all are rock solid construction. check out the aneewakee archery website, or give john a call, you wont be disappointed. rv
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »
John

Why not go with the "original" Angle set back quiver? The Kanati Angle Pro.  7.8 ounces of english bridle grade leather on a totally adjustable 6061 aluminum frame. Quick on quick off mounting. 4 or 5 arrow option. Heres a sweet pic for you donated by Matt L.

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 07:44:00 PM »
Set back design allows this quiver to be adjusted for "angle" offset also. Kanati Pro strap on here in osage.  Not sure on the other quivers on the market but nothing I've seen compares to the "Angle" adjustable qualities of these model Kanati Quivers. Just a few ideas for you.

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 07:53:00 PM »
Can't comment on the EFA but I have 3 Kanati's. They all angle, are very adjustable, and don't move....EVER! Really, they stay exactly where you place them and don't travel up the limbs like other brands I've used.....Ryan

Oh yeah...on and off in seconds!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 07:54:00 PM »
John,

Thanks for the photo’s and info, I missed you at the Spring Fling my plans changed at the last week and I wasn’t able to go.  I was hoping to try out your’s and Eagle Flights product but alas it didn’t happen.  What the ship time on yours to Mississippi?

Do the thump knobs get loose during shooting?

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 08:39:00 PM »
John

Wish we could have met too! We can ship asap on certain colors.No thumb knobs on these models. Nothing to loose.

Offline Bowhunter4life

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
PM Sent John...

I've been looking really hard at the Kanati Pro Angle for my 56" Thunderchild myself... I think it would be the perfect quiver for that bow.  The layed back limbs almost require an angled quiver for the arrows to lay back into...
"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 10:15:00 PM »
On your website it show thumb knob?  Has the designed change?  Have any close ups of the strap system?  Thanks

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 10:21:00 PM »
To me they are 2 very different quivers,  yes the hoods look similar but if you look at the method of attachment, construction etc...  they are very different.

IF i want an Ultralight quiver, and wanted to keep everything to a bare minimum... I would go with an EFA.

IF I want a extremely rugged,  "bullet" proof construction, extreme attention to detail and wasnt concerned as much with weight etc... Kanati, hands down.

Here are a couple pics showing the method of attachment a bit more on the Kanati,  and a close up of the hood.  John since supplied some neoprene and silicone "pads" that fit over the strap post (not seen in the pics, and not sure you could see them in a pic anyway)-

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »
Only have the kanati, and my bows shoot better with it on.  Never moves and makes the bow quieter.  Getting 4 of the big 160 Snuffers into the hood is a little tricky, but not enough of an issue to make my eyes wander to another quiver.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 10:56:00 PM »
Matt,  Love your pic’s do you have any close up of the Eagle Flight?

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 11:09:00 PM »
The Pro Angle Kanati with the new attachment system is the the best on the Bow quiver that I have ever used.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 06:01:00 AM »
John's attachment will be a little bit easier than the EFA but the size and weight is what sells me on the EFA's. I prefer the small hoods Don sells but have a medium on my HOOTS. Keeping the quiver close to the bow and using the smaller hoods really keeps the balance in control for me.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 06:21:00 AM »
There's two ways you can mount the Kanati Pro model:

I prefer the top picture setup.

I love Kanati quivers!
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 07:35:00 AM »
Originally posted by ckanous:
John's attachment will be a little bit easier than the EFA but the size and weight is what sells me on the EFA's. I prefer the small hoods Don sells but have a medium on my HOOTS. Keeping the quiver close to the bow and using the smaller hoods really keeps the balance in control for me.

Nice quiver but is the "Totem" adjustable for different length risers? Just curious as to how it sets up versus the Kanati Angle.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 07:37:00 AM »
I own both.

For two blade quick and QUIET on/off go with Kanati slim jim. Three blade go as shown in John's first post. His mount system is quick and quiet.

For lighter weight, as said, go Eagle's Flight. Don's quivers mount with a velcro strap. Noisy if you want to remove it while hunting. It stays put when mounted.

I have had a problem with my Navajo allowing arrows to fall out when shooting several sessions. In the bow pictured I can shoot with arrows mounted in the quiver but if I shoot five or six times using other arrows while the quiver is full then the arrows start to fall out. Unsusal yes. But when hunting you'll only have the one shot at game most of the time. I think it is from my bow limb's shock and vibration as to why the arrows fall out. It is not a big concern of mine.

I use mostly a back quiver now. When I get to my stand and get settled I slip it off and hang it on a hook or close by limb.

I like both my Kanati and my Eagle's Flight. The Navajo is featherweight. Both are quality quivers. Both are well worth the money spent.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Online DWT

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 07:50:00 AM »
Ive had both types of quivers and prefer the EFA to the kanati. The EFA is lighter and the strap sytem seems better made. One Kanati quiver I had stained the limb on a 1100.00 bow. For some reason the type of rubber used for the strap system left a very noticable shadow  when the quiver was removed that would not come out no matter what. The quiver was on the bow for about 6wks and when I took it off the juniper limbs I discovered the stain. Now before someone jumps in I did call Kanati and asked if they had ever had it happen before and it was stated they hadnt and that was about the end of it. I do not believe there was any foreign matter on the quiver or the bow but was just a reaction, since then I sold the Fatal Styk with the quiver shadows and and use the Eagles Flight. The Eagles flight locks up great and does not effect arrow flight whatsoever. Ask Bob Morrison which one he prefers.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©