3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Should I feel bad?  (Read 1199 times)

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Should I feel bad?
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 06:52:00 AM »
Peoples comments are nothing more than their opinions to me,and we all know what opinions are like. Smile at them, when they make their comments, it make them wonder what your up to!

Offline DEAN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 07:19:00 AM »
There is  only one right answer!!!USE THE CLICKER
TGMM Family of the Bow
Comptons Traditional Bowhunter

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 07:40:00 AM »
I use one and do not feel bad about it at all--and yes, I know the comments I've had sent my direction.  Never let people of small minds disturb you! That clicker does not give us an advantage--it only gets us somewhere close to where others are who don't have TP.  Even then we may still feel those urges to let go too soon that we have to control. Enjoy your shooting!
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2012, 07:49:00 AM »
I use a clicker when I need to use one and lean on it when I'm mentally struggling with reaching full draw. There are times I don't use one as well when I feel more in control of my shot sequence.

The animals I've killed over the past few years have been about split between clicker on or off the bow, and none of them really seemed to care! The picture  in my avatar is with a clicker...if you look closely the bear has a look of disgust on his face cause he was shot by a guy with TP.

Good luck with your decision and with your TP. If you really cared about what people thought and results you'd likely be shooting a wheelie bow. You don't know it but are mentally stronger than you think just by taking on the challenge of Trad archery. Click away....Ryan

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2012, 08:57:00 AM »
Lots of folks use clickers and even more SHOULD.  If you develop a problem such as yours (I use a clicker for the same reason), that is almost the ONLY way you will overcome it.  Forget abot what others say.  They have no clue.

Someone smarter than me needs to develop a soundless clicker. . ie one that lights a small LED or uses some of that special 3D material to change colors at different angles(red to green maybe?), so we can stop worrying about spooking the critter.

All the clicker is doing is taking the decision to release away from your brain and giving it a stimulus marker as to when to release.

Xia. .  for hunting, using broadheads, if you take your time and determine the exact length arrow you need, using your broadhead against your finger as a switch works pretty well too.  Fred Bear said he did that.
ChuckC

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2012, 09:12:00 AM »
Xia:  I've been struggling with TP for about 20 years now.  Tried a clicker for the first time at the end of last fall.  Don't know yet if it's going to solve my problem(s), but looks promising so far.  If it works, I'll use it.  If your friends are offering disparaging remarks, you might consider looking for a few new friends.   ;)

Offline PSUBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2012, 09:24:00 AM »
Most people dont realize what a valuable tool a clicker is. I have used one on and off for quite a few years and can tell you that most traditional shooters would be much more accurate if they would at least learn to shoot with a clicker.

Offline deaddoc4444

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2012, 09:45:00 AM »
I was struggling for years with Target panic       I took a shooting lesson from Mike Fedora   out at his place last summer  ( late August)    NOT intending to have any influence in target panic , but with some other ideas  of shooting form .  MIKE cured me of target panic that after noon   after years of trying one method after another  .
  I do not have it any more!  Hard to explain  how Mike did it   but that's why he is MIKE and teaches and I don't   LOL!!!  
      It is a HIGHLY recommended  method if you can schedule an appt. for a lesson with Mike
       He is a great instructor and know his business  .
HH Big 5 71# @29
Damon Howatt/Hunter 50@28
Damon Howatt/Ventura 45@28
Damon Howatt/Bushmaster 60@28
Leon Stewart/Slammer 52@28
BIG EAST  45@28
Fedora Xtreme/Hybrid 50@28
   "Leiber Hammer als Amboss"

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2012, 09:51:00 AM »
Why should you feel bad? If they can't deal with it, pizz on 'em...then go out shoot them.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2012, 09:53:00 AM »
Like my dad told me, "Tell 'em to hang it on their beak!"

-Jeremy  :coffee:
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »
Hey, not to bust on ya but we all learned about this in frist grade.dont pay them any mind.If they are gettin on your nerves that bad shoot with some one els.or tell them to BACK OFF I am sure you are like the rest of us an just want to have fun so have fun.put the clicked on.good luck

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 10:07:00 AM »
you should feel terrible.  You should feel bad for using a tab or glove and wearing an armguard, too.  You should also feel bad for wearing shoes, those things are for p***ies.  Silverware is also for p***ies as is cooked meat.  

Sarcasm aside, just about everything we use makes things "easier" for us, so don't worry about the clicker.  Just keep using it and when you outshoot the critics they'll shut up.

Online Flingblade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2012, 10:14:00 AM »
I have had TP for 15 years.  I tried a clicker once but didn't stick with it as the cord kept snagging on brush while hunting.  There are other ways to beat target panic that accomplish the same thing as a clicker but are not noticeable to someone watching you shoot.  I am using them and shooting without tp today.  Check out the thread "Target Panic Reality Check" in the shooters forum or watch Joel Turner's segment on Masters of the Barebow 4 for details.

Offline danderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2012, 10:20:00 AM »
I think you shouldn't be hanging around other trad guys that belittle you. I've said it before and I'll say it again, what's "trad" and what isn't is really up to a broad interpretation
BW SAX Kingwood 54#

1967 Bear Super Kodiak 50#

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2012, 10:23:00 AM »
You absolutely should use what works best for you!  We're hopefully not in this sport to impress others.

By the way MANITOBA I did notice the look us disgust on that bear in your avatar.  

Wonderful comments folks!

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
My opinion is you are shooting with immature jerks. Our group that shoots on Sundays (which includes Plumber above) has fun shooting together and we stick the needle in on each other plenty but if one of us is having a problem we don't belittle him, we try to help. That's what mature friends do.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline 3arrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2012, 10:38:00 AM »
More trad shooters should use them.
Believe in nothing,fall for anything

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »
Over the years, I've noticed that the guys who belittle others for their shooting style or equipment usually can't hit a wall tent from the inside.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2012, 11:59:00 AM »
screw em.
Do what works.

heck, with those kind of people, if you start shooting better than them they'll get one too.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2012, 12:04:00 PM »
I've been looking into putting one on a bow. Can You show a picture of which one Your using?  

Thanks, bretto

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©