3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Should I feel bad?  (Read 1200 times)

Offline team fudd

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Should I feel bad?
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2012, 12:38:00 PM »
sounds like you need to get some new friends,  we should build each other up not tear each other down, just my two cents

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2012, 12:41:00 PM »
If it works for you then who cares what someone else says, they are only words filled with hot air.
James Kerr

Offline xia_emperor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2012, 01:26:00 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I have quite trad archery a few time and always made some reason up and I just don't want to give this up!! I enjoy it too much.  I just remember that their is just no room for fun haters.

Hell it got so bad in the past that I could not even draw my bow on a deer walking by at 5 yards. I would just stand their frozen.

Since I have had a clicker on my bow I feel like I just am able to focus on a point and all of my worries fade away and the arrow goes where I want it.  

Well I will be putting it back, and I will just remember that I would rather be shooting then giving up again.
“instinctive archery” is more like playing the violin. Without practice you may remember the mechanics, but you will not be a virtuoso.

62" titan riser and samick master limbs 50@28

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2012, 01:37:00 PM »
You will probably notice that if you close your eyes, look at something else, watch the tip of your arrow instead of your target, anything else but the target. .  there is no TP.  

It is typically the combination of you being locked on target, pulling back, and your mind tells you to release.  And it also has very little to do with bow weight, in spite of what you hear.  

It isn't easy and it takes a long time of rigid practice to get past it if you really had it ingrained.  But.... you can do it, generally with help.
ChuckC

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2012, 02:36:00 PM »
I could care less what others think.  If it helps you then use it.

Offline 7 Lakes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2012, 02:42:00 PM »
There are many people out there that should have never been encouraged to talk by their parents.

I like the Cheezit commercials showing a maturing wheel of cheese that cannot be used until it's fully mature.  Sometimes I think people should have to take a maturity test before being taught to speak.

Your friends are probably not trying to make you feel bad they are just insensitive about a problem they don't understand.  

I liked a line from one of the previous posters, you ain't sleeping with these guys and they ain't signing your paycheck.  Let their uneducated remarks flow like water off a ducks back.

Offline coachA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 02:49:00 PM »
Whatever you need to do to shoot your best, DO IT!!!!!!! I would wear two left shoes if it would help me shoot. Good luck and good shooting.

Offline ChrisM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »
If it works use it.
Gods greatest command:  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2012, 03:00:00 PM »
Would you rather shoot like crap without the clicker or shoot good with it?  That is the question.
Guys like that will always find something.
Having struggled mightily with TP for more years that I want to count, I say do what is best for you.
I have my TP under control by way of sheer stubbornness but I have messed with a clicker a bit and think it is a great tool
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »
There are a lot of USELESS opinions out there. Do what YOU want. The hell with loudmouths.
David M. Conroy

Offline kadiak kid...

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2012, 04:11:00 PM »
since when is a clicker not traditional...those thinks have been around a long time...if it was around in the 60's...its traditional...
Cya at Deer Camp(WN)...

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2012, 05:30:00 PM »
Pay no heed.  I don't use one but don't think that anyone should care, anything that helps someone reach their accuracy potential.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Horne Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2012, 06:35:00 PM »
When things get a little "loose" in my shooting, I always put a clicker on and the positive results are immediate.  I'm about to start shooting my heavy bow getting ready for a Cape Buffalo hunt in September and I'll probably just start out with a clicker on the bow so I don't develop too many bad habits.  Use what you want, especially if it helps your shooting and your enjoyment of the sport.  
Folks who might give you a bad time are actually insecure about themselves and use others to deflect their own problems and issues.
Live every day like its your last, one day you'll be right.

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2012, 06:46:00 PM »
If it works and does not bother you to heck with them.Life is too short not to enjoy what you want to do.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline centerpunch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
When I was just starting out and learning to shoot I had this guy always hounding me while I shot! I was the new guy! He thought it was really funny blowing in my ear while I shot! I missed a lot because of it! I made a decision to become a better shot NO MATTER WHAT! I used a clicker and it worked for part of my problems. But to take your shooting to the next level, to the level everyone wants, you must become metally tough. I know it is supposeed to be fun, and we sometimes turn the fun into a an obsession. But realized I had to do these few things:

Be honest with yourself! Be willing to work hard and DON'T BE AFRAID TO MISS! You'll learn something from missing!
Have a 1-2-3 step routine!
While aiming block everything out!
And use that guy that bothers you the most as a way to get LEVERAGE on yourself!

When they realize that they don't get to you anymore, they fade away!

Good luck, get after it!

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2012, 08:21:00 PM »
Steve, make yourself happy with your shooting    Forget about others.   You do know, if you were still here, I would have a comment, but would encourage you to use it.  Until you beat me regularly, then I would pour it on
Skip.  Sure that Todd would concur with my path
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2012, 09:03:00 PM »
I agree that you should use the clicker. However, I have noticed that some of the shoots I have been to do not allow any shooting aids on a bow whatsoever, including the clicker.
Sam

Offline Cookus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2012, 09:55:00 PM »
If it works for you... It's great!   Just "muffle" it when you hunt to lessen the "CLICK".   There was an article in TBM (I think by Mr. Jason Westbrook if my poor memory is correct)about a 2 years ago dealing with clickers and "silencing" them.
West Virginia Bowhunters Association
PBS Associate Member

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2012, 12:18:00 AM »
Use what ever works for you, and don't worry about what other people think or say about your equipment  :readit:
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2012, 05:34:00 AM »
What is making you feel bad about using the clicker? is it because they feel it's not as traditional?? i think guys need to get over this... thats not traditional if you dont use this or that mentality. Dude you shoot your bow for you rite? not them... You are your own... do whats best for you.
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©