3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hawlk recurves by Mike Beckwith?  (Read 270 times)

Offline JV Rooster

• Trad Bowhunter
Hawlk recurves by Mike Beckwith?
« on: March 09, 2012, 10:50:00 AM »
Anyone have any experience with the hawlk recurve built by Mike Beckwith and being sold at Rmsgear? How do they shoot and are they well made? your thoughts please. Thank you.
>>>------John------>

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hawlk recurves by Mike Beckwith?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 12:14:00 PM »
Haven't owned one, but have shot them & know people that own them and have met Mike, they are a extremely fine bow and all his limbs are interchangeable with all his risers, that should give you an idea to how good his fit and finish is. The other thing about them is you see very few back in on consignment at RMSGEAR.  They weigh a bit more than most others I've shot are handled, but that sure makes them stable, but they aren't grotesquely heavy by any means.
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline Rosco1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 11:40:00 AM »
JV Rooster,

I ordered one a while back and received it the other day. I ordered the short riser with the long limbs. The specs are 60” 51@28. The riser is Ironwood and the limbs are boo.

The draw is very smooth and the arrow hits where you look. Oh, and it flat out smokes an arrow. I am shooting 540gr POC and they fly like darts.

What sets Mike’s bows apart from others is the grip. For me it is the best grip bar none. It fits my hand perfectly.    

This bow is now going to my primary hunting bow which means that my Bighorns, Foley’s, Bears, Bob Lees and Widows will be collecting dust on the bow rack this hunting season.

I can’t tell you it’s the best bow for you. But it sure as heck works for me!

Offline JV Rooster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »
Thanks Rosco. I have been looking at them for a while. couldnt find ahole lot of info on them.They look like a very well made bow. John
>>>------John------>

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 12:52:00 PM »
Great bows and Mike is a talented craftsman and a wealth of knowledge.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Rosco1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »
They are great bows!

If you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask.

Offline JV Rooster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »
Thanks for your input.I will see if RMS have any in stock that will fit my needs.
>>>------John------>

Offline Rosco1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »
Good luck.

If you get one let me know what you think.

Offline R. W. Mackey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 05:14:00 PM »
Roscoe1:  I have been looking at these also, do you have to place the order through RMS or can you contact Mike directly, haven't seen any way to get in touch with him. Hate to place an order for a custom bow, with a go between.  RW
Don't practice until you get something RIGHT.  Practice until you Can't do it WRONG.  Dave Rorem

Offline Rosco1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 08:50:00 AM »
RW,
My order was placed kind of 50/50.
I was at RMS test driving bows, decided to order one of Mike’s. Then, coincidentally, he called the shop. Mike wrote down my order over the phone, RMS filled out the request ticket and the rest is history. When the bow was completed Mike dropped it off at RMS and I drove down and picked it up.

As for your concerns, I wouldn’t think twice about it. The folks at RMS are top notch and know what they are doing. In the event that they have questions regarding your order I’m sure they’ll get you and Mike on the phone and get your questions answered and request filled.

Just so you know… I think Mike/RMS does it this way because Mike doesn’t build bows year round. I think he builds in the winter then takes the summer and fall off and lets RMS deal with paperwork.

Last but not least. If memory serves me correctly, you’re a south paw too. I have to head out of town for a couple of weeks and will be unable to shoot during this period. PM me if you want to give the bow a try before you commit.  

Take care

Offline R. W. Mackey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »
Roscoe:  Great offer, PM to you.  RW
Don't practice until you get something RIGHT.  Practice until you Can't do it WRONG.  Dave Rorem

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©