3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New tent for this fall  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New tent for this fall
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2012, 10:38:00 AM »
Charlie, I gotta admit I think about CK in the snow with a chuckle every now & then. Good times.Hope you wintered well  :wavey:  

Mike, do you have a picture of your light weight model?

Offline Tree Killer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2012, 01:59:00 PM »
Nice lookin' camp Robin!  

Let me know where you plan on setting it up and I'll come visit ya next September. I'll bring along a few sticks of wood for the fire and hopefully some elk steaks to roast over the coals...might even mix up some peach cobbler in the Dutch oven.

I can think of several saddles where the bulls would keep you awake at night.. not a bad thing! Hope the bugles haven't been replaced by howls now!
"stickbows, putting the arch back in archery"

Offline StanM

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2012, 10:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Tree Killer:
Nice lookin' camp Robin!  

Let me know where you plan on setting it up and I'll come visit ya next September. I'll bring along a few sticks of wood for the fire and hopefully some elk steaks to roast over the coals...might even mix up some peach cobbler in the Dutch oven.

I can think of several saddles where the bulls would keep you awake at night.. not a bad thing! Hope the bugles haven't been replaced by howls now!
Elk steaks and peach cobbler???  How many can ya squeeze in there, Robin?    :D  

Looks great!

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2012, 10:27:00 PM »
Dang Ron, you got my mouth waterin.

For peach cobbler we should be able get several people crammed in Stan. I have some huckleberries and a couple dutch ovens to hold em also.   :)

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2012, 12:27:00 AM »
Got room for a flatlander!!    :bigsmyl:

Elk steak and peach cobbler sounds good, Now I'm hungry dangit!    

I sure miss that Oregon country and the fine people I got to know over the years. The tent looks great Robin you did a fine job and I bet you will get many years and many memories out of it.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »
Sure do Tracy, bring a fork & spoon.

I think if I take care of it, this tent should outlast me.
Our weather during archery season is mostly mild and I wanted a shelter that give you a veiw but dosn't block the smells and feel of the great outdoors.
The older I get, the more important the little things are to me. Now I want to see that little bird making that noise, and feel the dampness from a fall rain. I want to smell the smells after a fall rain hits pine needles and hot earth, not just the smell of the cavas in my enclosed wall tents.

Later, when the weather gets cold I can enjoy the smells of all those old camps in the canvas of my old wall tents(and be warm)   ;)

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »
"The older I get, the more important the little things are to me. Now I want to see that little bird making that noise, and feel the dampness from a fall rain. I want to smell the smells after a fall rain hits pine needles and hot earth, not just the smell of the canvas in my enclosed wall tents."

Wish I had written that.    :knothead:  
That tent and your mountains look like a match made in Heaven. I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it.
I am beginning to believe that there are very few worthwhile things that you can't make!
Looking forward to the pictures and stories.
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2012, 09:05:00 PM »
Very nice. A man of many talents.   :thumbsup:      :thumbsup:

Good luck with the cats Robin. I wish you were closer to help with these yotes in Ohio.

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »
Nice!  Sure would be cool to come help ya break it in...  some day...    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2012, 12:21:00 AM »
Hi Killie, I can't even warm you up in the writin dept. Or the thinkin for that matter.

Mike, prices are goin up on yotes. I payed the doctor bill on my daugters birth with coyote hides. I've even called a couple into a archer, very fun.

Doug, I got something planned down the road. This tent may be a bit cool for what I'm thinking about but your in that plan. No way out bud   :D    :campfire:

Offline Walter Morris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »
Hey Robin, very cool looking tent.

how many hounds can you get in there ?  ;)

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2012, 12:00:00 AM »
I love Killdeers Philosophy on live and her writing is outstanding.SteveO's got it right ,I can picture that rack propped up against the tent AND the tenderlions roasting skewered on sticks above a hot coal fire,with my old coffee pot just to the side.Like Killdeer said ,man the small things! Must be an age thing as I no longer remember the hard sweating climbs with aloaded pack heading up the mountain LOL
Man I love your tent.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2012, 10:02:00 AM »
Hey Walter, good to hear your typin  :wavey:  I'm down to seven hounds so we all should stay outta the rain  :D  

Thanks Steve, hope to start breaking it in soon.   :campfire:

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2012, 10:13:00 AM »
nice tent Robin

where you at in Eastern Ore? I spent some wonderful time in the Joseph area and Eaglecaps!
Make a life, not a living

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2012, 04:03:00 PM »
Hi Jim. I'm on the west side of the Blue Mt's north of the little town of Helix.

I've spent some time in the Eaglecaps, wore some horseshoes out on the rocks. A few years ago Charlie Lamb & Curtis Keller joined me for a hunt on the edge of Hells Canyon. C.K. like to froze to death in 12" of snow, quite a temp difference from south Texas.

We had a blast.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2012, 10:23:00 PM »
That was a great thread I think I will try to find it  again. You guys did great in some awesome country and tuff weather .

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2012, 09:24:00 AM »
Thanks for the info. I look at your tent every day because I copyed it and made it my wallpapper. It keeping thinking. I will try to make one.
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2012, 04:06:00 PM »
Tracy, I think of that camp and campmates often.
Sure glad I brought the woodstove.
Charlie got a buck but the elk pulled down outta the snow.

Jerry, Bill Masons book has pretty detailed plans with bug netting, windows and lots of tips. It's also the best book I've ever read on canoe camping. I'll email you a sorce for sunforger canvas if you need it. RS

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2012, 06:04:00 PM »
Robin do you remember the name of the thread?

That blood trail in the snow was unreal after Charlie shot that deer.

Tracy

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2012, 09:38:00 PM »
I sure don't Tracy. I think Charlie or Curtis started the thread and it would have been 7 or so years ago. Dang time flys.
Charlie's shot on that buck was unreal, then we walked over by the tree that was behind it. The tree was painted, I've never seen a trail like that before or since.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©