3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Zwickey Delta vs. No Mercy?  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Jake Diebolt

• Trad Bowhunter
Zwickey Delta vs. No Mercy?
« on: March 09, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »
I'm trying to decide between the Zwickey Delta and the No Mercy (double bevel). I thought from looking at them that the No Mercy was a longer, narrower head, but looking at the actual dimensions, I can see that the delta is 1/4" longer and only about 1/4" wider - which seems to work out to the same ratio. I don't have them to hand to compare though. Anyone used both? What's the pros/cons of each?

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Zwickey Delta vs. No Mercy?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »
I have used both. Depends on your setup, what your hunting, and if you want 2 or 4 bld.

Both heads are great but for my setup I like the delta. A 2 bld no mercy is a very different animal than a 4bld delta.

Rob
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline Jake Diebolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »
I was thinking of the 2 blade delta. Both of them have 4 blade versions, I think.

My setup is 50#@28 Martin hunter, drawing to 27, being used for whitetails and caribou this fall. At some point in the future I may go after some black bear.

Offline Red Tailed Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »
I hunted the Zwickey Delta 2 blade this season. I got real good penetration on a quartering away shot on a deer. I plan on sticking with this head. Works great and priced right.
Sorry I have no experience with the Mercy.
I'm drinking from a saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »
Yeah they both come in 2 or 4. I would lean toward the no mercy for that setup but that's just me.

Rob
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 01:40:00 AM »
For a double bevel head I'd pick the Delta if you're going to shoot a 2 blade, or the smaller No Mercy if you're leaning towards a 4 blade.  They will all work just fine, they are Zwickeys after all.   :archer2:
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 01:43:00 AM »
Both are great heads and I have used both.  Last season it was the right bevel No Mercy for me (The last few seasons I have been switchin' between the Grizzly EL Grande, the Centaur Big Game, and the No Mercy - all in right bevel.).

In my experience arrow flight with the Delta BH is more sensitive to arrows that are NOT properly spined for your bow.  If the arrow spine is well matched to your bow, one will obtain most-excellent arrow flight with the Delta!

Shoot straight, Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 03:01:00 AM »
I have used both heads and feel the Delta is a much better head. The first year I bowhunted traditional was with the Deltas and I shot 2 deer with them and got great penetration and decent bloodtrails.I shot a deer year before last with a No Mercy and failed to find either the deer or any blood at all. The shot looked perfect but knowing how wired our deer are around here it could have jumped the string and gotten hit anywhere. Even then though I would expect to find a few drops of blood.
James Kerr

Offline Littlejake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 07:07:00 AM »
I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
Try and be the person your dog thinks you are...
PBS Regular Member

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 09:32:00 AM »
Its the Delta for me. They are real hard to beet as flight and price
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline Bowmag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 10:42:00 AM »
I got some No Mercy heads but haven't had a chance to use them yet. In the back of my head I keep hearing a little voice reminding me that I've never had anything walk (or run) away after a two blade Delta hit. To me that says a lot.
Colburn

Offline WoodsyDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 11:44:00 AM »
I started using the Delta last year for the first time. Shot two deer with them. The first was a really big doe that I shot with my homemade selfbow. Arrow passed all the way through and stuck about 5 inches into the ground on the other side.  The second was an 8 pointer that penetrated both sides but did not pass all the way through. Shot that one with my Bob Lee recurve. Both deer went down within sight.

I am inpressed with the Delta and plan to keep on hunting with it!!

WoodsyDave

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 01:21:00 PM »
I've shot the 2 blade Eskimo since 1979, great head. I also now use the 2 blade Delta along with the Eskimo. Either head will do the job for you.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Old Chief

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »
I just checked a new Delta and a new No Mercy, both right out of the package.  The No Mercy is a right single bevel, but it is slightly longer and  1/4" narrower then the Delta.  I guess from that one could say the No Mercy should penetrate better, but I have never had a penetration issue with the Deltas.  Either way you are looking a two excellent broadheads

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 09:48:00 PM »
ttt
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©