3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thanks to Magnus  (Read 522 times)

Offline Kavogt

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks to Magnus
« on: March 09, 2012, 10:38:00 PM »
Just a shout out to Matt G. Got in an order of his poplar shafts and I'm a very happy customer. The shafts look great and Matt's a great guy to work with to boot-especially in helping a wood newbie like myself.

Thanks Matt!!
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it"
 - Friends of Voltaire - 1906

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thanks to Magnus
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »
:campfire:
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline JV Rooster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
>>>------John------>

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 05:18:00 AM »
:bigsmyl:
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 06:34:00 AM »
Matt is one great guy to deal with, business or personal.  They don't come much better then him.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 07:01:00 AM »
Matt's a good guy and all, but the Poplar shafts are incredible....Lol.

I made up a half dozen to take on a hog hunt a couple of weeks ago. In the morning after the first night hunt we decided to do some scouting/stumping.  I took one arrow with a field point on it and during the course of the morning hit 4 cedar stumps, 2 rocks of about 5# in size, and then shot it through a bovine pelvic bone that had been laying in a pasture for about a year.....not a hint of damage.  These Poplar's are tough, have outstanding shooting properties,  and the wood is beautiful to look at.

Kudo's Matt!
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 08:11:00 AM »
Supporting Matt is a genuine thing to do...Man trying to build a business and doing it the right WAY!!!  He stands behind his work and IN FRONT of the line on quality of all he touches. Start to finish, it's quality job 1...

Gee, he might just be a F150 in disguise...or maybe that would be a 250...or 350 duallie..  :jumper:    :rolleyes:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 09:18:00 AM »
Matt is at least a 350 dualie! d;^) (sorry, Matt, I just had to!)
  These poplar shafts are everything Green says they are. I've just finished up 6 test arrows and they fly great, were easy to work and tough as nails. I haven't made a doweled arrow in quite a few years until now and I can't believe the improvement over the "store bought" cedars I used to get. If you like wood arrows I suggest you give these poplars a try. I think you will be totally pleased.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 09:20:00 AM »
I'll secong Matt and his helpfullness.  I sent him a PM in regards to feather chopping.  He sent me his cell # and spent about 30-45 minutes on the phone with me.  Told me some secrets, sshhhh!  I was sworn to secrecy.

I guess I'm trying to say he spent time with me, for free, and shared experience with me.  Thanks Matt.

-Jeremy  :coffee:
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Offline limbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 09:45:00 AM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 10:13:00 AM »
I am going to try some of the poplar shafts. If only he did'nt live so far away.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 10:40:00 AM »
Yeah....Mike, might take you better part of yer lunch hour to drive there, visit and drive back!  :bigsmyl:  

BTW, nobody mentioned it, but...Ole Magnus, a right minded, left handed, arrow shaft selling, custom arrow building, feather grinding Guru Extrodinaire is also a SPONSOR (or associate).
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »
Thank you all for the kind words. I'm blushing!
Thank you Ken. Glad I could help.
Jeremy it was a pleasure talking with you. I try to help any way I can.
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 10:53:00 AM »
Here are the 6 arrows I made up from these poplar shafts. I made then for my newest go to bow, 57" t/t, sinew backed osage(56#@26") and I can honestly say that they are a perfect match as far as flight charactoristics go. They are a tad light in physical weight from what I'm used to but still quite acceptable and will be my hunting, 3D and target arrows for this bow.
  Its been years since I've crested arrows and these prove it. d;^)  They are hand crested so they don't look factory made but I never cared about that if they perform the way they should and these arrows do.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 11:30:00 AM »
Man, PAT, they finish up nice! Great color on the wood! You use anything special on them to seal and such?  Oh...and wasn't it nice of ole Matt to just pass by our irreverant comments?  :)

I've been reading these poplar doweled shafts are staying quite straight...

So, 44 Mag(nus), do tell... is there an endless supply of these, or do folks have to jump on them?  

I read somewhere these are made from year-long air-dried lumber, meaning they're getting a lot more prep time to be right than other commercially generated wood shafting...yes?

So, you sell custom ground turkey and goose feathers, chop custom feathers to client specs, sell shafting, sell custom built arrows...

What DON'T you do besides fit in sz 36 pants?  :saywhat:  (duck-incoming!)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline bowhuntingrn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 12:05:00 PM »
Recently ordered some of his custom turkey feathers, he bent over backwards trying to get me exactly what I wanted. Will definitely do business with Matt again in the future. Hope to try some.of the poplars in the not so distant future...especially if he gets them in some lighter spines.
"The first 40 years of childhood are always the hardest"

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 02:07:00 PM »
Doc, I used medium brown leather dye on the shafts to match the color of the osage in my bow, top half is natural, black craft paint for the cresting and 2 coats of Tru-oil as a finish.
 These poplar shafts are pretty much hand made with way more attention than machine made shafting.
  Matt has let our rudeness slip by. Keep jabing and he might wake up. d;^)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 02:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by Mike Vines:
Matt is one great guy to deal with, business or personal.  They don't come much better then him.
X2
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »
Now you two scoundrel's are gonna get it. Lol! I can fit into a size 36. Doc you about summed up what I got going on right now but there is more to come. Another batch of poplar will be ready soon and I'll know more on what's available then.

Just for the record I drive a Jeep wrangler.    :goldtooth:
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 03:00:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by magnus:
Now you two scoundrel's are gonna get it. Lol! I can fit into a size 36. Doc you about summed up what I got going on right now but there is more to come. Another batch of poplar will be ready soon and I'll know more on what's available then.

Just for the record I drive a Jeep wrangler.     :scared:    :rolleyes:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©