3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Recurves coming to Flemish Traditional Sports now with pictures!  (Read 450 times)

Offline eflanders

• Trad Bowhunter
Flemish Traditional Sports is extremely pleased to announce that we have contracted with master bowyer Bill Dunn of Zipper Manufacturing LLC to produce our unique and proprietary recurve bow design.  

We will be offering a 60" 3 pc. take-down recurve, in both left-hand and right-hand in draw weights from 40-60 lbs.  The bows will feature true custom performance without the high custom price tag and wait time!

We are totally committed to the field testing of all of our products and we are currently test shooting a prototype of this exciting new bow and the appropriate FTS Custom Performance Super Twist bowstring for it.  We plan to have these in-stock and available for immediate delivery to you within the next 4-6 weeks.

Check out the picture below!  Check our website for more details about this exciting new addition to our unique product line!

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Recurves coming to Flemish Traditional Sports now with pictures!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 10:12:00 PM »
Could not team up with a better guy and bowyer as Bill Dunn with Zipper!

:clapper:
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline L82HUNT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
People are going to be very happy with this bow. I'm pretty impressed with it.   :readit:

Offline Tyler C. Moore

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 11:26:00 PM »
Wow what an exciting venture. Agree with going with Bill and Tracy at Zipper. A partnership like that has serious potential, I just hope it doesnt slow my next Zipper order.
Tyler C. Moore

Offline JV Rooster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »
:clapper:
>>>------John------>

Offline KHALVERSON

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 05:08:00 PM »
guaranteed to be a first class product
coming from the zipper camp

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 09:18:00 PM »
Great news Eric. Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing more details. All of the Zipper bows and products I have had over the years have been outstanding in every aspect. REALLY looking forward to this addition to your line-up!  :thumbsup:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline eflanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 10:22:00 PM »
L82HUNT has been playing with this bow for a few days now.  He told me that this prototype bow outperformed a recent custom bow order he received fairly recently in both speed and quietness.  

The prototype bow is now in transit to the next field tester (me).  After I get a few days with it, I plan to forward it onto the next one.  So there will at least be two additional field testers involved in this matter before I will accept any orders from customers.  

I will say that L82HUNT was so impressed with it that he has already asked and ordered one once they are available!  Now some of us may know that Glenn may be a bit biased as he is our custom bowstring maker.  But for those of you that know him personally, you already know of his overall experience and knowledge in these things.

Zipper is a proven and respected name in the industry and this is just one of the many reasons we have partnered with Bill & Tracy.  

I will personally assure you that these bows will offer you the best in value, performance and looks of any stock recurve bow made today or your money back, without any hassles what so ever!

Offline bayhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 09:55:00 AM »
how much will they cost? and can we get some pic please?

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 07:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by zippercurve:
Wow what an exciting venture. Agree with going with Bill and Tracy at Zipper. A partnership like that has serious potential, I just hope it doesnt slow my next Zipper order.
Tyler we are taking steps to insure that this new opportunity does not effect the Zipper wait time. In fact it should allow us to be in a position to reduce our wait time.We have been making shop improvements to accomidate our growing bow business as well as Grizzly broadheads. Working with Eric and some other shops has allowed us to put on some much needed help.
Tracy and I are very excited to be working with Eric on this project.I know a lot of folks will like this bow and the price point.
Bill

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »
Sound like a practical venture and I wish the best for both parties. Love them Zips!

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 06:00:00 PM »
Waiting for pics and reviews!  :coffee:    :deadhorse:

Offline eflanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 07:01:00 PM »
Well folks all of the minor details have all been worked out as of today and the test bow is in-transit onto me.  Now I finally get to shoot it and take some pictures for you all.  I should have these pictures up by week's end!

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 08:25:00 AM »
This is great can't wait to see them. Congats to Bill and Tracy and Eric you couldn't have chosen a better manufacturer.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
Thanks for promising to post pics Eric. Looking for to the preview!  :clapper:

Offline eflanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 10:17:00 PM »
Here is a picture of the demo / test bow that we have been putting through the paces.  There will be a few more finish type details on the bows that we will be selling.  I let you fine folks determine what you think of the looks of it.        

Offline eflanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 10:30:00 PM »
The fit and finish of this bow is incredible.  It is a very subtle matte texture that just feels great and yet does not get shiney.  The bows should be in-stock within 4-6 weeks.  We will offer them in draw weights from 40-60 lbs. and only in a 60" length for both right and left handed shooters.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 10:39:00 PM »
Sweet, nice lines. Any options in the riser? What is the woods in that riser and the limb cores? Looks like the surefire Zipper grip. I dig it!

Offline eflanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 10:46:00 PM »
Sorry we are not going to offer any riser wood options as we are trying to offer custom bow performance and looks at a production bow price.  The woods in the riser are Osage and Charcoal Futurewood. Futurewood is much stiffer than actionwood and thus it makes for a better riser.  The riser is 16" in length.

Offline eflanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 09:57:00 AM »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©