3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: having bitzenburger issues  (Read 410 times)

Offline JackReid

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: having bitzenburger issues
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
I was re-reading an old archery book(1960) and they suggested to use a pin inserted between the clamp and the quill to bring the feather down to contact. Simple but not permanent as filing.  Have fun.

Offline luvnlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 12:44:00 PM »
I had the same problem. Thought it might be the nock receiver so I called and talked to the folks at Bitz. They explained to me that a straight indexer will work for both LW and RW fletch and that L and R indexers are only to reorient the position of the fletch on the shaft. They told me to do the same thing that Dino has done and now I have no issues.

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »
What Walt said.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline Kris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
I “fine tuned” my clamp by filing the bottom ends with a mill bastard file, as mentioned above.   This removes the "highs" and brings the middle of the clamp closer to the shaft.  Adjusting the off-set through the clamp will bring you closer to perfect as well.   Also, as mentioned, run your thumb nail (or other) between the quill and clamp before you apply glue (after with tape) so there is a gap that can compress as you bring the clamp to bare against the shaft.  Always check the fletch to shaft contact before allowing to fully dry.  Because each quill has a different thickness, you’ll have to tinker with each fletch to get it “just right”.  Some fletches will not lend themselves to contacting perfectly.  It’s an art.

Good luck!

Kris

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©